Weekday finds! 3/13 (total crap related)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
i haven't seen my stepdad for a month (he's been in argentina with his dogfaced girlfriend), but he stopped by my work this afternoon, totally out of the blue... check out what he picked up for me. the framed eagle poster was also included.-keep in mind, for xmas, he gave me two small california raisins figures and a classic radio comedy tape set (think jack benny cassettes).

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Is that "witness the wonder" a dupe? I need that one yo.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    don't you mean "i need that one A[/b]yo!"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• slushslush 691 Posts
    that witness the wonder poster is better than everything ive ever gotten from my dad, combined, minus 1 atari 2600

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    not to pry, but if your stepdad is no longer with your mom, can't you just, like, drop him or something?

Reminds me of the random gifts my (real) dad shows up with...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WITNESS THE WONDER

What is the phrase on the bottom of the poster?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

"LOL SAYING"

I scored one of these today

excellent

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I feel for you[/b]

I wouldn't give that crap to my worst enemy as a zing.

What are you talking about?

This is someone he's known for awhile and dude gives him that stuff? Why bother?

This brings up an interesting concept of a Gary Coleman "What You Talking Bout" graemlin need?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Maybe you could use that painting to spice-up your garbage can?

Where those gifts supposed to be like "hey step-son, check what I got in Argentina"? Because those look like things easilly found where you live.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    WITNESS THE WONDER

it says "upper skagit ghey poster society" or something to that effect...
    to the JP:
    my stepdad is one of my closest friends, adopted me when i was 11yrs old, and smoked about 15,000 joints with me over the years. he divorced my mom 4yrs ago, to which i was very enthusiastic... too bad
    his girlfriend is ass-nasty, and a bitch besides. the homer simpson t-shirt has a "che" tattoo on homer's arm, while the knife set has me scratching my head as well. uh... thanks dad.

Homer Simpson Che tattoo T shirt raer redeems it. Holleur on the PMs, my gf might want it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the homer simpson t-shirt has a "che" tattoo on homer's arm, while the knife set has me scratching my head as well. uh... thanks dad.

if you was cultured you'd know all about the majesty associated with South American cutlery.

take that juicer off your head and put a book in it

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Time to drop some OG argentinian knowledge.

As you probably know, Che Guevara was born in Argentina and he is a huge icon over here. Not as huge as Homer Simpsons though. There are a number of Homer t-shirts that you can rock according to your life style. You have Homer with the Stones tongue tattoo, Homer crossing Abbey Road, you name it. The one you got would be for left wingy people.

The other t-shirt comes from a local rock festival called "Cosquin Rock". It's kinda like a ghetto southamerican Woodstock thing. This one is representing the punk/hard rock day, and you have the line up of bands.

Knives Set: this would be like saying "I ate the best asado (barbacue) of my life with one of these", so he is trying to represent the local beef scene . I think "Tramontina" knives are made in Brazil tough.

"Witness the wonder": if that picture comes from here, it would be a Condor flying over the Andes tourist souvenir. Not so sure.

I hope this helps.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    not to pry, but if your stepdad is no longer with your mom, can't you just, like, drop him or something?

Reminds me of the random gifts my (real) dad shows up with...

My soon to be father in law sent my fianc?? a poster with her own name on it along with a long message about what her name means. Its set over a nice green horse pasture. He wants her to frame it so she can hang it in our apartment. She asked her dad if he thought it might be a little odd to hang a picture of your own name in your house, and he said no that it was very a nice picture. I think we will have to hang it every time he comes over.