Getting Someone Removed from Ebay ( fraud related)

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Is it impossible to get someone removed from ebay? (do you know this guy?)So I started selling some Hip Hop 12''s last fall. Everything was going fine until this guy Fever187 said he never recieved his Sealed $30 RBL Posse LP. At first I was like..ok , wait a few more weeks and see if it shows up and then we will deal with it. I looked at his feedback and noticed he had 4-5 negatives from sellers which stated he lied about not recieving his items. hmmmmmmm...... So FEVER187 starts hounding me, threatning me with negative feedback, sending me messages that I couldnt translate etc.. etc.. I forwarded them to ebay, asked for help, filed a dispute because I was getting suspicious. I looked into his history again..this time at what he had left or others.......9 NEGATIVES to other sellers for never recieveing his item in the past year and half!?? WTF. So by this time I had emailed ebay 20 times asking for help, filed a dispute for fraudulant activity, and had done everything I was supposed to do according to thier guild lines. This has been going on for three months. So Feb. rolls around and Dude leaves me the only neg. Ive ever recieved. The day I sent his package I sent 8 other international packages. I only ship air mail post and 70% of my customers have been over seas.Ebay had only given me some BS automated responce to the dispute I filed and was absoultly no help in the lead up to this happening. Now im pissed...Ive emailed every department at ebay..They gave me final value credit for it...which I never asked for..but just seemed like it got to that department somehow. They tell me that theres nothing they can do and I should go to square trade. One of the sellers who got neg. from this guy has done that and succeeded. It gots around $30 bucks to pay for mediation...the cost of the record. I guess Id rather give it to the mediators than that guy but I have a hard time giving it to anyone when I feel I did everything right, was honest, communitive etc...AND Since this guy has a history of making impulse purchases and then lying and cheating sellers out of refunds I thought I couldnt go wrong with proving my case.....so square trade would probably be fine. Ive thought about contacting all the other sellers and askin them to weigh in on this to ebay so this guy cant keep doing this. I can live with the one neg. feedback...but it pisses me off how obvious the whole things seems. What do you guys think....should I pay for Sqaure Trade ( I still have under a 100 score so that one neg. is bothering me a little knowing its unjustified ) or should I just say fuck it. Should I write all the other sellers and ask them to complain? Has this happend to you? Did you get duped by FEVER187?? Has anyone ever used Square Trade? How can I get him off ebay? This is pissing me off right now please add this guy to your blocked buyer lists and weigh in on what I should do. Thanks

Comments

• So I started selling some Hip Hop 12''s last fall.

Way to steal Ms. Damn's adoring creepy-internet-record-geek-fan-base from her in one sentence!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I just checked my ebay messages...This is from another seller who just happend to contact me today!!! Weird... before I could even start to write to the other sellers Fever187 claims his hext victim.

''How can we get FEVER187 off ebay? He claimed not get record I shipped and then left me negative feedback! Looks like he did the same to you. This is no coincedence! Thanks''

What should I do though? Sorry not trying to steal Ms. Damns thunder. I havent sold anything since this happend cause Im freaked by the negative score...I could get over it I guess but I dont think its right either way. Especially now that someone else has contacted me about it...so its hard to let it go and let him keep doing it to other people.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Where is he located? Maybe those connected to the streets could help....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    definitely get as many people possible to complain to ebay about him

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I smell an international beatdown.

Where is this foll from?

He is in Germany.

I forwarded the message I just got today from the new guy to ebay and told the dude that wrote me to mention me when he wrote to ebay. I guess I will make a message that I can forward to all the sellers and ask them to contact ebay too. Maybe if 5 out of !! 11 !! people write them they will do something. Fever187 has around 150 score.....so 11 items he supposedly didnt receive is like 7% nearly 10 %. of all his purchases. Geezuzzz it just seems unreal that someone can keep doing this and it doesnt fall into thier specifications for feedback removal....How is fraud not subject to removal?

He is in Germany.

• I can understand your frustration at having this jerk blemish your 100% record, but you shouldn't let it faze you. Even big dudes like atomic_records, anthonypearson, and funkyou! have had some idiot ruin their perfect score.

I don't think anyone here (myself included) would see their 99.9% positive ratings and hesitate about doing business with these folks.

I'm sure the guy will be suspended in no time if he carries on like this anyway.

Next Time your out and you just happen hear a 'Blue Bird'...grab a candle and show him the wax on wax technique...or even better dump it in his mixer.

Ok.... I actually do not advocate destorying any records...especially that one..I should have just kept it and this wouldnt have happend.

I smell an international beatdown.

Where is this foll from?

Where exactly is he located in Germany?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I can understand your frustration at having this jerk blemish your 100% record, but you shouldn't let it faze you. Even big dudes like atomic_records, anthonypearson, and funkyou! have had some idiot ruin their perfect score.

I don't think anyone here (myself included) would see their 99.9% positive ratings and hesitate about doing business with these folks.

I'm sure the guy will be suspended in no time if he carries on like this anyway.

I agree. Too many people flip out at the risk of not having a 100% feedback score. I could care less. I pay on time and I ship on time. If someone has a problem or is lying then they can leave me a negative feedback.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah, but it's fair and understandable to flip out on getting ripped off by some fuckhead and then have ebay not do anything about it.

Sorry got all flustered and forgot it was an entire country.... LOL...

He is located in Berlin...His name is Patrick.

I know you guys are right about not letting it keep me from doing my thing and not to let it get to me. There is still a huge part of me that wants to prevent it happening to other people though. I think the chances are pretty good that someone on this board is one of those 11 people... or even more possible that some of you could become one of these people. So if ebay doesnt do anything about it at least I know that I did everything I could and warned everyone here about him.

So if ebay doesnt do anything about it at least I know that I did everything I could and warned everyone here about him.

I'm in Berlin on Friday. No BS! JustAlice, Strutters, what shall I do?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

So if ebay doesnt do anything about it at least I know that I did everything I could and warned everyone here about him.

I'm in Berlin on Friday. No BS! JustAlice, Strutters, what shall I do?

Fuck Up every dude you meet who's name is Patrick and has Hip Hop records and an Ebay account.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Every time something like this happens I wish we kept an ongoing thread for 'banned bidders'

I still have his address..... He likes to buy a lot of Gangster Rap....

Like I said when you hear the Blue Bird Sing....Cage it.

Sticky_Dojah to Fever187:

So Pat..I hear you wanna be a gangsta!? I'll show you gangster...

This SMACK DOWN!! message is global Mutha F*kr.

Im currently contacting all the other sellers involved and asking them to take a minute and write to ebay.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Where's Frank, Grope, and the German hit squad?

If he has 3 item strikes, he should be/will be kicked off. It just takes a bit to set in.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

These guys were serious, Alice. Frank had some grown man (as I recall) turtling in his room. Good fun. Can someone find that thread? Classic SoulStrut To The Rescue??? situation.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i think raj had to remove all of our threats, because the guy was a Soulstrut lurker and he actually saw our posts. he said he'd call the police otherwise... haha! unfortunately, my unlce doesn't live that close to Berlin. I could call him though and tell him to jump on his motorbike. frank said that he moved to africa. but he used to live Berlin. Let's get it on!

just kidding...

You guys are never gonna believe this.......

The Mail Man knocked on my door and handed it to me this morning..no sh*t. I couldnt believe my eyes.

WHAT THE F*K DO I DO NOW!!!!?????

What are the chances...This is crazy nuts. I dont even care about the negative feedback anymore. I mean, Maybe this guy is a scammer and this is just a huge kink in his plan... maybe its HIS record karma?? ha ha J/k...Or maybe he is just an idiot because I kept asking if he had gone to his post office and asked if it was there.

How could it happen to him so many times though? thats right?? How the hell could this come back to me unopened and just as I sent it nearly 6 months later? Divine intervention?? Ive checked the address he gave 100 times when he bought it AND asked for a refund and they are the same. How do I explain this to him and give him his money back. He paid cash by the way. I dont know if hasnt cheated all those other people though..I just know he didnt do it to me. F*k, thats all that mattered in the first place I guess.

I feel bad now regardless. Do I send him back the record or the money?? I caused such a stir I certainly never expected this. I will have to send his money back without a doubt. Funny how things happen..... Unbelievable. I awful bad for blasting him, but I dont see how I could have come to any other conclusion. I feel bad..but in way I kind of dont. I dont know how to feel about it now really. I dont know if there was anything else I could have done.

Im going to hell now for sure. I guess Ive learned an important leason here...

I just dont know what it is yet.