A black man's soul LP OG chech

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Can somone post the runout groove on the original pressing with the black cover?Just wanna check it's authentic. I've heard it has a white inside sleeve, but this copy really looks like a repress.Thanks in advance peoples.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yup, and I don't think there's a repress/boot of it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I've felt Kinetic's pain on a copy I passed on. Very shiny exterior, very white interior. No paste back. Inquiring heads would like to know if a reissue exists.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    couple reissues with different covers

The plot thickens. The one I saw was the black cover version.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The plot thickens. The one I saw was the black cover version.

I don't think that one's been reissued. The OG is a pretty budget pressing with white inside and real flimsy card.

AND no paste back? Huh..

• groove70sgroove70s 168 Posts
    Can somone post the runout groove on the original pressing with the black cover?

Just wanna check it's authentic. I've heard it has a white inside sleeve, but this copy really looks like a repress.

Thanks in advance peoples.

I'm quite sure it's an original, 'cause I think there wasn't a repress with the black cover.
    There are various numbers and charaters in the run-out groove, so here it goes:
    Pompeii SD 6003-A DMRS DMSGREW 71720 and also RCA.
    Hope this helps.

• Isn't the black cover a reissue? I thought the OG was green?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Can somone post the runout groove on the original pressing with the black cover?

Just wanna check it's authentic. I've heard it has a white inside sleeve, but this copy really looks like a repress.

Thanks in advance peoples.

I'm quite sure it's an original, 'cause I think there wasn't a repress with the black cover.
    There are various numbers and charaters in the run-out groove, so here it goes:
    Pompeii SD 6003-A DMRS DMSGREW 71720 and also RCA.
    Hope this helps.

Weird.

Mine is slightly different:

Pompeii SD 6003-A DMRS DICK McGREW 71723

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Black cover OG is not paste on and is on white(ish) stock. Think Motown stuff of that era.