Italy

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
holy shit, what a country.Easily the greatest place I have been in Europe, hands down. Florence is ridiculously beautiful and I want to live in Vernazza, now, without hestitation. I want there to be an airline strike tomorrow so I dont have to leave.Yes, there are records in Florence. walked into one musical instrument, bookstore place and asked if he had any 60s and 70s 45s, he asked what kind, I said ye-ye, psych and beat stuff...he then showed me 4 cabinents of easily 10,000 mint picture sleeve 45s. My wisened girlfriend then said, "I will be back in a few hours to check in on you" good god it was amazing. I almost blew our whole vaction budget there. Also for any other record nerds visitng florence avoid Rock Bottom records, the owner is a dick and his prices are ridiculous...the guys at Data Records were ok, although one of the dudes freaked when he saw I was using my GP-3(the lady working there was cool with it though)but they had good prices and minty raers( Guru Guru "Der elektrolurch" for example). One store(super records) told me that the soul 45s I was trying to sell/trade were "unvaluable" because they did not have pictures on the cover..but they were eurotrash techno dudes who didnt know shit about records. oh well.If you have any inclination of heading to Tuscany, do it.

Comments

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    Yeah, it's amazing.
    My favourite cities were Verona, Florence and the Cinque Terra region.

Michaelangelos David is the most incredible thing I've seen. I drank till 4 in the morning the night before, then stood in the sun lining up for 40 minutes, then sobered right up when I turned right into the corridor, and he's standing at the end.
    It's just unbelievable.

Verona

Cinque Terra

And I thought I'd post this too, it's from Granada, but was taken on the same trip.

• I can't wait to hear all these imported raers!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    i walked past that instrument/records store last summer, it was closed at the time and never got a chance to go back there. inside looked rad

florence is great and i want to go back immediately

(obligatory ponte vecchio shot)

• sounds amazing, did you go to Rome? I was thinking of doing some volunteer work in Rome over the summer. Never been to Italy. Any tips? [email]subfreq@gmail.com[/email]