It has finally begun (mainland China related)

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Leon Leavitt use to talk to me about this all the time... The market for rare phonographic records opening up in China.It has finally happened. I have been exporting 15,000 plus records a year for many years now but have never had a customer in mainland China.Today it happened for the first time. A $75 classical record to China.Leon said if the people in China start buying rare Jazz and Classical like the Japanese and South Korean's do it's going to be next level. To bad he is not around to see it happen.It's on..." hi,i am so happy to won the records from you,the payment have made to your account by Paypal,please check it,my shipping country is China,please see below the shipping address.kind regards.etchen. Shipping Address: Chen Wen Chao China "ap

Comments

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Dude, I opened this post expecting some Associated Press clipping about the pro-democratization movement exploding into mass demonstrations.

I mean, records are cool, but I was disappointed.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I opened this thinking it was going to be about mainland China acting on taking control of Taiwan, aka the Doomsday scenario.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mo money mo money mo money mo money!!!

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    There are a billion people there...all you need to do is sell 1% of them a $10 copy of Sun Goddess, and that's $100,000,000,000.

• exatomundo

You could buy 142857142.85714285714285714285714 Biz Markie dolls.

(excluding shipping)

• export the break in the road comp to china and you'll be phatter than tom vu.

• There are a billion people there...all you need to do is sell 1% of them a $10 copy of Sun Goddess, and that's $100,000,000,000.

Cool, now I know what to do with these 10 million copies of Sun Goddess I have in my basement.

• Leon Leavitt use to talk to me about this all the time... The market for rare phonographic records opening up in China.

It has finally happened. I have been exporting 15,000 plus records a year for many years now but have never had a customer in mainland China.

Today it happened for the first time. A $75 classical record to China.

Leon said if the people in China start buying rare Jazz and Classical like the Japanese and South Korean's do it's going to be next level. To bad he is not around to see it happen.

It's on...

" hi,i am so happy to won the records from you,the payment have made to your
    account by Paypal,please check it,my shipping country is China,please see
    below the shipping address.kind regards.etchen.
    Shipping Address: Chen Wen Chao
    China "

ap

Exploitation will never stop anywhere!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Anthony,

First of all, I have a friend who's a local Shanghai guy who's opening the first vinyl record store in that city. He's catering more towards younger kids but he himself is a big soul/funk fan. If you want me to put the two of you in touch, holler a PM at me. This guy is a very cool customer, super-nice guy, I vouch for him 110% He also knows all the best spots to get your grub on in Shanghai.

Second, I know your post was meant partially in jest but I wouldn't start paying off that yacht yet. The record market in China might very well be opening up and, to be sure, there's definitely a growing middle class in that country but it probably won't be like what you've seen in South Korea or Japan. That's not to say there aren't a lot of nouveau riche sprouting up in mainland China but their tastes are not going to go the way of the Japanese or Korean (at least, not yet). You're talking about a very different political and social culture there and I just don't see OG vinyl as playing a huge role yet. Ironically, you might find a market amongst the growing population of ex-pats living over there.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I opened this thinking it was going to be about mainland China acting on taking control of Taiwan, aka the Doomsday scenario.

haha, me too. We're all going to die!!! (eventually)