Who are you guys using for website hosting?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I have used Go Daddy in the past, but I am curious to who you are using...and what king of deals are out there now.

Comments

• I'm changing hosts soon as well. The last time this came up on the board, a few people vouched for Powweb, which seems to be the strongest choice. The live customer service feature is alone is

They only have one package which is $7.77/month. Here's what's included:
    http://powweb.com/PowWeb/OnePlan/Detail

No, I don't work for them.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    We are using Mediacatch for Waxidermy. so far they have been easy to deal with and cheap (though, I've yet to deal with anyone else)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    jaguarpc

• I'm changing hosts soon as well. The last time this came up on the board, a few people vouched for Powweb, which seems to be the strongest choice. The live customer service feature is alone is

these guys charge a $30 setup fee, though...I aint really with that. As far as I can remember, Go Daddy didnt charge a setup fee. I guess I am thinking about using them again..unless someone can tell me why I shouldnt. I dont know too much about the web hosting game.

What I basically need is 2 different domains hosted. if I have two, I can combine them under one host right..meaning I dont have to sign up for web hosting for each individual domain, do I?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    I'm using GoDaddy for some very minor hosting. For bigger stuff I've done I've used Interland.

• well, I will only be using the hosting for a very small company selling merchandise and the other will be an online design portfolio, so I am guessing neither should take up too much space. Because of that, I am guessing I can opt for one of their smaller hosting plans. It's just hard to decide with so many options.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    im using 1and1.com which was recomended by more than a few o nthis board.. raj included i believe

• so is it possible to have two domain names being hosted on only one host? Right now, I am ready to go ahead and sign up for hosting somewhere, but I dont want to buy 2 domain names and 2 hosting packages, when I could just buy 2 domain names and only 1 hosting packge(to host both). I just want to know before I go clicking away on buttons, commiting to an extra hosting plan that I don't need. Thanks for the input, everyone.

• $30 set up fee is only if you opt for the 3 month package. Year+ contracts waive the fee. Also, from what I can see 1and1 is more ($9.99/month), but looks like a great option for a busy bandwidth hog, like soulstrut.

I'm interested in hosting multiple domains too, so I'm going to research a bit more. Let you know if I find out anything else.

I'm changing hosts soon as well. The last time this came up on the board, a few people vouched for Powweb, which seems to be the strongest choice. The live customer service feature is alone is

these guys charge a $30 setup fee, though...I aint really with that. As far as I can remember, Go Daddy didnt charge a setup fee. I guess I am thinking about using them again..unless someone can tell me why I shouldnt. I dont know too much about the web hosting game.

What I basically need is 2 different domains hosted. if I have two, I can combine them under one host right..meaning I dont have to sign up for web hosting for each individual domain, do I?

• $30 set up fee is only if you opt for the 3 month package. Year+ contracts waive the fee. Also, from what I can see 1and1 is more ($9.99/month), but looks like a great option for a busy bandwidth hog, like soulstrut.

I'm interested in hosting multiple domains too, so I'm going to research a bit more. Let you know if I find out anything else.

I ended up signing up with 1&1. I got 1 domain with 6 months hosting and another domain for a month or some shit..I already forget after looking at so many different hosting sites. Now, that I have signed up, I am trying to make sense of it..I dont know shit when it comes down to hosting and putting up a site. They have all of these site builder templates and things like that. Can't I just write my own html and upload it to my space or my ftp or something?

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    curious how much webspace these different ones offer you? I'm looking to host mp3's for my auctions...as well as create a site, etc...thanks...