XIAN APPRECIATION (JESUS RR)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I'm not even talking about Xian Psych (although those are great, too). I'm talking about all types of Xian LPs out there. From the unfonky to the sik braeks. Bow down to a musical power that is higher than you! For some reason some of these LPs are the most haunting and decidedly spiritual I've encountered. Seriously, if you pass these on the regular give them a shot on the portable and give a hollar.Tom Belt got that mellow crack. AP, where you at???

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Tom belt got that breakbeat Crack

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    no joke, I freaking got that LP today and am listening to the braek you just posted on vinyl, LOL

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    What do you mean XIAN? You mean like Christian records?

yes

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    It's all about this righteous lp

dare I say even more righteous than this?

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    yes, Lakan
    Okay Christian Records I am totally down but must keep that in the squiral bag for now.... Maybe you should call me NAKAL, and I can call you KRAM, but I don't know if my boy SCRAM would like it using is Graf name... funny you know Scram also... Weird how things connect fo real....

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    It's all about this righteous lp

you know when i first listened to this i wasnt impressed.. but after the second and third listen i was hooked.

one of the best xian records i have heard. give or take a track or two.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    this is the deal...

please dont step to this thread with your corny ass xian " second chapter of acts " break, nor your corny ass cute guys / cute girls wanna be free design can't sing for fuk bullshit, furthermore this thread is not about the black man gospel.

we are talking about the muthafuggin jesus movement and shit.

lonnie frisbee was dunking muthafuggers in the santa monica bay and shit so if you aint down with the serious deepness of the hay-zeus music yer missing the point.

http://www.lonniefrisbee.com/

just get a copy of ken scott's the archivist and you will understand the depth of this shit. scott has archived thousands of jesus titles and i aint talking about one armed organ players and brady bunch bullshit and repressed 50 year old honkies i am talking about serious music. rock, folk, singer-songwriter.

so next time you wanna have yer bowels cramp listen to barbara sipple and check for the sound of the beating heart in her fragile folk anti-abortion diddy from 1973. it is enough to make your peker limp.

maybe i will even burn you a cd of some sik shit so you can here what the seriously deep ( no axelrod ) hey-zeus man has to offer you.

private issue jesus man for dayz bitchez.

ap

SONNED

That Sipple makes me weak in the knees, no grow.

Plaese to send me raer sensitive CD.

ADDRESS ON the PM please.

marj snyder santa cruz mountain felton california sensitive jesus homegurl for dayz.

• awallawall 673 Posts

• awallawall 673 Posts
    marj snyder santa cruz mountain felton california sensitive jesus homegurl for dayz.
    one of my housemates just moved to felton. sometime last year there was some rumor about a huge record sale out there, so me and my friends searched every nook of the town only and found nothing but a record-less estate sale and a thrift store with some billy squire LPs. nice little town, reguardless.

by the way, ap, I just paid you w/paypal.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Side 2 of Bill, Dave & Mary's TRANSITION album on Bridge...

I'd use a facemelt icon but that would be overstating things. Still, for that acoustic downer folk feel, you could do worse.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The great thing about xian lp's is they are always in the dollar bin. Half the time they are really good, I've found a few really good ones lately. Acoustic guitar and female harmonies, yes plaese.

What you know about Lucine Michaels' TURNING POINT on Koinonia

holler at your folkies

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I don't think I have the album anymore, but it was by a church group from Yakima, Washington in the early 1970's, black & white cover. It was a bunch of teenagers in a church group, backed by a band that could NOT play. There's a drum break on it that isn't on the one, two, or 87, it's everywhere, but I chopped it up and was able to make something out of it. Their song was called "Jesus Was Just A Good Guy".

I do have one local Christian record with one of the best basslines I've ever heard. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, though. It's one of those "oh yeah, this is nice", but then the guy opens his mouth and sings.

• djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts

walk by my window... this is the sound

one of my housemates just moved to felton. sometime last year there was some rumor about a huge record sale out there, so me and my friends searched every nook of the town only and found nothing but a record-less estate sale and a thrift store with some billy squire LPs. nice little town, reguardless.

by the way, ap, I just paid you w/paypal.

sounds gnarly. not the felton part but the paypal part.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'd use a facemelt icon but that would be overstating things. Still, for that acoustic downer folk feel, you could do worse.

You know... I think I found this one a while back. I'm almost sure of it.

cosign

I have a spare of this if anyone should be familiar and need a copy.

here's one from the austin show

stupid xian photo collage rollerskating breaks

sorry i was rude earlier.

i just got all excited and shit.

xian bonerz for dayz.

i like patrice rushen too.

listened to bob roy or some shit earlier. not really my stylee but some white soul hard blowin sloppy trombone funk line that packs some ommph. grarlss. whatever dude...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    potters clay and shit

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    and i aint talking about one armed organ players and brady bunch bullshit and repressed 50 year old honkies

i believe you mean no arms and legs

and thanks- i just moved to a new location.

WURURD

Who is Lucine Michaels
    Who is Lucine Michaels
    Who is Lucine Michaels

http://www.lysergia.com/AcidArchives/lamaArchiveM.htm
    Gorgeous vocals female hippie folk with psychy background moves and sound snippets. Socially concious themes anti-war, racial integration, etc. In homage to a Koinonia leader assassinated in Georgia. (RM)
    ---
    Heartfelt album dedicated to the assassinated leader of the Koinonia organization. At times the lyrics are almost too sincere to take, but there???s real charm in the optimistic idealism here. I doubt you???d hear anything like it today, especially the song about poor little Leroy, a discriminated-against black boy. Lucine???s vocals are similar to a lot of Xian singers???pretty but without much soul. They don???t work for me, but do seem to fit with her songs. More of an interesting artifact and timepiece than an especially good album. (AM)

http://gravediggervideo.com/recsl-q.html
    great dreamy studio psych, like Judy Collins on the brown acid

I said

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    psychy background moves

reaching!!

background moves

reacharound!!