Polish Commons

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
A work mate of mine is going back to Poland to visit his folks.He???s a nice guy and happily said if he sees a record shop he???ll pop in and look for any records I might be after.So can anyone recommend a few decent commons that he has at least got a chance of finding, I???d rather give him a small list of realistic catches rather than a huge list of desirables like ???string beat??? that he???s unlikely to spot.Any advice?

Comments

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    I can hip you to these:

"Maryla Rodowicz - Sing Sing" is easy to find. It's soulful pop.

sample 1

sample 2

"Novi Singers - Bacharach" is nice too and should be possible to find.

There's also a common late reissue of "Krzysztof Komeda - Astigmatic".

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Is this cool? I see Stanko plays on it. Is it free jazz or what? That reish is sitting in a store nearby, but they don't have a listening station so I never picked it up..

- J

• Look for these...

Is this cool? I see Stanko plays on it. Is it free jazz or what? That reish is sitting in a store nearby, but they don't have a listening station so I never picked it up..

- J

It's experimental. "Interesting".

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

- J

Hmmm... about 7 US$ interesting?

- J

- J

Hmmm... about 7 US$ interesting?

- J

There is about 5 minutes of music on this record that I have put on compilations so that would be $1.4 per minute.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Look for these...
    80% of those records arent really, how you saaay??? ah yes, GOOD.

• Look for these...
    80% of those records arent really, how you saaay??? ah yes, GOOD.

Wake up Delay, It's all good!

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    the wojciech karolak and budka suflera are the only two i have, and they're both good.

you should be able to find a copy of the budka suflera without too much trouble, and it's worth hearing. hard rock with some prog tendencies, and there's a break on track 1 of side a.

also tell your boy to check for ewa demarczyk. she's pretty common over there and has a nice voice. some neo-folk band in the us recently covered her song "carousel of madonnas".

• My friend just came back from Poland with a grip of Polish Posters for American Movies, such as:

Romancing The Stone:

The Empire Strikes Back

Being There

Klute

Aliens 3

and Short Circuit 2

This artwork is taken very seriously over there, and they never use photography.

www.polishposter.com