bootlegs you'd like to know who put out

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
for me, i'd like to know who put out the "Shaftman" bootleg from the early 90's and the "Original Style" disco era hip hop bootleg w/ artwork by Tracy 168 that came out two years ago...

Comments

• KILLAH KUTS

• for me, i'd like to know who put out the "Shaftman" bootleg from the early 90's and the "Original Style" disco era hip hop bootleg w/ artwork by Tracy 168 that came out two years ago...

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    KILLAH KUTS

I'd really like to hear the story about this label. It seems like a lot of their releases must have been cleared with artist/laber or whatever cause they got so many instrumentals/acappellas that are unavailable (?).

Or are they just BOOTLEGGING promo releases?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    KILLAH KUTS

I'd really like to hear the story about this label. It seems like a lot of their releases must have been cleared with artist/laber or whatever cause they got so many instrumentals/acappellas that are unavailable (?).

Or are they just BOOTLEGGING promo releases?

alot of them are leaked by the artists for extra cash or b/c the label wouldn't put the song out as a single... that was the case with "yeah" by Usher... the label didn't think it was a hit, so Usher or Lil Jon leaked it and it blew up as a white label...

seriously

who made this record?

i wanna shake their hand... i bought it when i was 14 or 15 and that's what got me into the rare funk game... i still need "kicking ass" by the kicking mustangs or whatever, on 45...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts