Another marcofunk query

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Does dude ever buy multiple copies of the same record ever? I'm wondering does he find a really dope record and then decides he needs to own every known copy.

Comments

• Options
    Nope. Once it's in his database/win cellar (where he often has to check if he has it before he purchases an album), as Andrea MArtin would say (pretending to rool dice and opening empty hand) "No dice".

K.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Nope. Once it's in his database/win cellar (where he often has to check if he has it before he purchases an album), as Andrea MArtin would say (pretending to rool dice and opening empty hand) "No dice".

K.
    Okay, now I have an economics question... does the price of the record temporarily stay in an elevated state after he drops the cheese?

I need a late pass on this marcofunk phenom. I've only been watching auctions that he's participated in very recently. I see all the talk, but I normally have no interest in the records. Now he's snapping up stuff I'd buy... and I'm curious.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Okay, now I have an economics question... does the price of the record temporarily stay in an elevated state after he drops the cheese?

I would say rather the opposite - it's very easy to dismiss the validity of any ebay endprice that he contributed to...

that said, by now his collection must be absolutely insane.

• Options
    I doubt it. Everyone and there Grandmother knows that he (and whomever artificially bid up the item) pays the most. Just think of it as airline ticket sales and Marco is business first class.

K in Canada.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Does dude ever buy multiple copies of the same record ever? I'm wondering does he find a really dope record and then decides he needs to own every known copy.

I know some people like that. really. They would rather keep every copy and buy every other they see, and then just hoard them up, waiting for the Trade Rapture when someone with incredible final judgement day trades comes along (i.e. never). No sales, no trades, some boxes not even allowed to look in, and some records not allowed to hear. Not kidding. They're out there.
    I think many Strutters cop multiple copies, but I figure you'd just trade them off when the opportunities right. I know I snap up records I have all the time, just in case someone's looking for it or a future sale.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I picture his collection as looking like that warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark... rare grails, never to see the light of day again...

• Options

I would say rather the opposite - it's very easy to dismiss the validity of any ebay endprice that he contributed to...

Yep, and the onyl way he enjoys it is in checking his list to see if he has the LP of the sellers jumping to sell him $400 indy garbage.

K.