New X-Men Trailer

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• I haven't seen any of the x-men, but I saw this trailer and I was like "damn".

I also saw a trailer for "PHAT GIRLZ" which made me want to throw a shoe at the screen. I hate that Mo'nique.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    beast finaly gets some play

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Three words:

I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Angel and Dark Phoenix too.

Golden Gate Bridge getting crushed = that illness.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    umm, holy shit.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

why you gotta refer to Monique that way???

kidding.

umm, holy shit.

Yeah - I mean, the trailer, like many trailers, makes the movie look hot as shit. That said, I can't say I've really loved director Brett Ratner's previous works. I just hope he knows how to direct action scenes better than Chris Nolan did in "Batman Begins."

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    umm, holy shit.

Yeah - I mean, the trailer, like many trailers, makes the movie look hot as shit. That said, I can't say I've really loved director Brett Ratner's previous works. I just hope he knows how to direct action scenes better than Chris Nolan did in "Batman Begins."

If X-Men 3 is as good as Batman Begins I will be quite happy. I don't think it will be terrible, after all, Ratner is just a hack. Not a bad director, not a good director, just a hack. Hopefully the material will push the movie along.

umm, holy shit.

If X-Men 3 is as good as Batman Begins I will be quite happy. I don't think it will be terrible, after all, Ratner is just a hack. Not a bad director, not a good director, just a hack. Hopefully the material will push the movie along.

If X-Men 3 is as "good" as Batman Begins, I won't bother going to the theater.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I also saw a trailer for "PHAT GIRLZ" which made me want to throw a shoe at the screen. I hate that Mo'nique.

Dude that Chappelle Block PArty had the worst movie trilers EVAR!

Fucking PhatGirls, ATL, and that movie with the Game. I'll be going blockbuster for the next couple of months

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    umm, holy shit.

from the trailer, the action scenes seem to be looking decent. but like you said, its just clips.

refresh my memory with what you thought of the first two...

Fucking PhatGirls, ATL, and that movie with the Game. I'll be going blockbuster for the next couple of months

you serious? That shit where Chappelle was on the bongos was fucking funny.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

am i wrong in thinking they are forecasting the wrong audience in attendance of that film? i mean ?uestlovar said it himself.

• umm, holy shit.

DUDE! You wheren't feeling Batman begins? STEP THE FUCK BACK! Seriously, though I though it was damn good movie. Aside from all the shoot-'em-bang-bang bizness, I just like the development and re-vampo of Bruce Wayne's character.

In addition, it had some pretty good plot twists, didn't leave any loose threads hanging, and like I said earlier just the way made characters that ar/ where pretty boring so damn interesting again (Two-Face and that mask "thing", Ras Al Gul, etc...)

• If X-Men 3 is as "good" as Batman Begins, I won't bother going to the theater.

I'm still waiting for a letter from Malco Theaters saying "Thanks for attending Batman Begins! The joke was on you. Inclosed is your $8.00 back and a free coupon for a medium box of popcorn on your next visit."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

you serious? That shit where Chappelle was on the bongos was fucking funny.

M***,

I'm not talking about the trailers FOR Chappelles Block Party I'm talking a about the trailers that played before it came on.

I don't think any of the films I named had a plot (outside of Mo'nique finding a cute guy who like obese women)

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    umm, holy shit.

you're trippin, Batman Begins was ILL.

umm, holy shit.

If by "ill" you mean "in need of serious help", then yes, I would agree. Explain what's so great about:

1) Katie Holmes.
    2) The doomsday device. Straight up - the most convolutedly stupid idea I have ever seen in this kind of movie. "Austin Powers" couldn't have invented a more ridiculous premise.
    3) The action choreography.
    4) The Scarecrow. (The nicest thing I can say is: "he wasn't as bad as the Green Goblin in the first Spiderman.")

What worked in the film?
    1) The first 45 minutes.
    2) Michael Caine. Always.
    3) Christian Bale's acting.
    4) The bat-back-up scene.

In general though, my 1 2 and 3 from the first list made it impossibly hard for me to get very excited about BB. I'll go see a sequel though.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    umm, holy shit.

DUDE! You wheren't feeling Batman begins? STEP THE FUCK BACK! Seriously, though I though it was damn good movie. Aside from all the shoot-'em-bang-bang bizness, I just like the development and re-vampo of Bruce Wayne's character.

In addition, it had some pretty good plot twists, didn't leave any loose threads hanging, and like I said earlier just the way made characters that ar/ where pretty boring so damn interesting again (Two-Face and that mask "thing", Ras Al Gul, etc...)

I'm sayin Part 2 of Begins would be nice...

X-men I'm hopin, I also heard Spiderman 3 will have Venom as the main villian, (F%^^, where did I get this info..??)

But I can't wait until they do a Secret Wars....

• I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    I'M JUGGERNAUT BITCH!

Holy shit, that shot where he's blasting through the walls in bonkers!!!!!

And enough of the debates over Batman Begins - these are exactly the types of movies to see in a theater - huge scenes with lots of explosions and people running through walls deserves a 70mm screen and 5.1 THX surround sound.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Explain what's so great about:

1) Katie Holmes.
    2) The doomsday device. Straight up - the most convolutedly stupid idea I have ever seen in this kind of movie. "Austin Powers" couldn't have invented a more ridiculous premise.
    4) The Scarecrow. (The nicest thing I can say is: "he wasn't as bad as the Green Goblin in the first Spiderman.")

What worked in the film?
    1) The first 45 minutes.

Katie Holmes is boring, can't act and has almost no sex appeal, but nohomo
    I don't go to Batman movies for the chicks.

I fully agree the doomsday device was awful. My biggest beef
    with the film by far. I wrote it off as "well, things that stupid are in
    comic books all the time, they just aren't so glaringly vapid in that
    setting."

The action I would call OK but not fantastic. It was BY FAR a step
    up from the previous Batman films where Batman was a big stiff,
    using gadgets and unable to turn his head without moving his entire
    body ... at least this version acknowledged the athleticism that
    is so crucial to Batman's abilities.

Totally disagree on Scarecrow, thought he was pretty cool and the scenes
    where he would pull his drug/mind fuck routine were genuinely scary.

Agree on the 1st 3rd being the high point, although I liked most of the
    middle of the film, too - it was the end that really lost me.

Michael Caine? ehh whatever. Alfred is such a gravy role, it could
    only be ruined by giving it to Tom Arnold or somebody...

Bat back-up was cool, and was from the source material, as was the
    look and treatment of Jim Gordon, my personal favorite aspect of the film,
    if only for the fact that they respected that part of the original
    Frank Miller series, which was as much about James Gordon and his story
    as Bruce Wayne. Surprised you didn't mention this, or Gary Oldman's
    performance.

• But I can't wait until they do a Secret Wars....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

But I can't wait until they do a Secret Wars....

"starring Ashton Kutcher as Beyonder"

• "starring Ashton Kutcher as Beyonder"
    ??????????

Let a grown man dream...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Damn... no Roc Raida? No Rob Swift?

I thought this was going to be another ipod thing.

I liked Batman Begins, especially after the last series of films went down the tubes after what the first Batman? And being that its based off a comic book, i don't reallky take the plot devices too seriously... I mean its a comic book they always have out of this world stories, I mean just look at the characters... And you are going to have issues with a doomsday device?

My only issue is always the way they try to make Batman's voice dark, or lower when he is in costume than when he is not. Stupid but it always bugs me because it sounds contrived or forced.

• I liked Batman Begins, especially after the last series of films went down the tubes after what the first Batman? And being that its based off a comic book, i don't reallky take the plot devices too seriously... I mean its a comic book they always have out of this world stories, I mean just look at the characters... And you are going to have issues with a doomsday device?

Totally agree with you. WTF are people expecting when they go see "Batman", its a fucking comic book for christ sake, it ain't gonna feature at the Cannes Film festival.

The only way to judge such a movie is to compare it to other comic book stories gone hollywood of recent years...

Lets name a few

Spawn, was a youngin' when I saw it so I prolly tripped out a lil' more than I should of, but it was one of the older attempts to turn comic into movie and I thought it was a decent "first try".

Spiderman 1-2, absolute garbage as far as I'm concerned. Spiderman was always one of my favorite super heroes and Tobey just made me want to bitch slap him.

Daredevil and Elektra, WOW, beyond shameful.

X-men 1-2, not bad but I still think it didn't do the OG comic book justice.

Then theres Batman begins... I mean it clearly blows all those other movies out of the water, theres no comparison to be made. The doomsday device was a bit contrived, granted, but over all it was very well made. They remained loyal to the comic and yet were able to re-invent batman's persona (training with the legion of doom or wtv...).

The only comparable comic based movie is Sin City, which I hope isn't going to be slandered in the next post cause it was pure genius in all respects.

So all this to say that if your going to see a movie based on a comic you should be going in expecting to be underwhelmed when you look back at all previous attempts. Batman definitely stepped it up and it should be recognized as a success in it's genre.

I can admit to going to see a Van Damn movie in theater, but I'm going in knowing what Im going to get; a self glorified/contrived plot with absurd dialogue but with a whole lot of action and classic one-liners.

Stop hating and regulate ur expectations...

• Spawn was one of the older attempts to turn comic into movie and I thought it was a decent "first try".

?

Not one of the first attempts by a long shot.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    umm, holy shit.

If by "ill" you mean "in need of serious help", then yes, I would agree. Explain what's so great about:

1) Katie Holmes.

What worked in the film?
    1) The first 45 minutes.

In general though, my 1 2 and 3 from the first list made it impossibly hard for me to get very excited about BB. I'll go see a sequel though.

dude - it's based on a comic book. but i'll admit katie holmes sucked. I think Tom Wilkinson as Carmine Falcone was great. That guy is such an amazing actor.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

My only issue is always the way they try to make Batman's voice dark, or lower when he is in costume than when he is not. Stupid but it always bugs me because it sounds contrived or forced.

my roomate said the same thing but I liked that part of the character. He wanted to be "dark" so he played it out...like someone to fear. When you get mean, you don't sound like yourself. So he was playing the role of the dark knight. Plus it just added to the "disguise". I dunno, I liked it though, it made sense to me.