Bay Area Heads: Cold Blood??

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Just tripped over this kind of unpleasant to look at website andwas amused to see that Cold Blood still play around the area allthe time, or at least Lydia Pense and a band billed as Cold Blood. Have any of you Bay cats ever checked this out? Is it any good?Cold Blood have some funky as F**K tracks, but it's 30 years later...Please at least tell me they are not one of those annoying-ass local "legends"who never go away and play every summer street-fair and Taco Bell openingand have their own local cable-access show...

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Coccaine is a hell of a drug?

Check them out and report back at once as I enjoy a couple of their albums too.

• puppup 133 Posts
    When I was dj'ing at KZSU (Stanford's radio station) I played some old Cold Blood stuff and their manager called me up out of the blue. Really nice people. They sent me a copy of their "new" CD, which was an album recorded live in the studio which they gave the name Vintage Blood. They invited me to go see the show, but I couldn't bring myself to see a legend past their prime, so I passed. I can only assume that they are just peddling the classics considering the record they sent me was an up until then unreleased set from back in the day. Vintage Blood is great by the way, if they are selling it on the site and you dig og Cold Blood. They do a version of Kissing My Love with what seems to be a 64 bar open break (maybe only 32, I didn't actually count it). It goes on forever!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    is that the same woman??? whoa...SERIOUS LITERAL meltface...

• I haven't noticed them on any local bills...

here's a link their calendar, lots of San Bernadino, Sacto, and Reno gigs...