bad weekend. no i mean really bad (wtf related)

manchildmanchild 56 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone ever have that thing where bad things comes in groups? i always have the best stuff happen to me. Seriously always. Except every now and then.Things that happened this weekend.Got a call Saturday night to tell me that 3 of my friends were attacked and stabbed in broad daylight. One of whom died instantly, the others now missing a kidney and right arm respectively. Last time i checked i lived in Melbourne, not Sierra Leone or an NWA song. So i call my girl but before i can say anything she tells me she can't do this anymore, goodbye. Cool. What the fuck is wrong with the world that people feel the need to just attack and kill people completely unprovoked. Anyone who thinks Australia is a nice place seriously needs to check that after the last few years. Going to war, race riots... what the fuck is wrong with the selfish fucks in this country at the moment. Oh yeah someone stole my wallet with most of my rent money in it too. It was about equal with that time a disabled child i used to work with died, a member of my family tried to kill themselves, my girl of 2 years dumped me and i got kicked out of my house, all within 48 hours. At least I got some new records in the mail today.Does anyone else ever get this? Everything gravy and then once every five years the world just gives you a big kick in the nuts to make sure you are paying attention.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. Keep your head up, dude.

Herm

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

It was about equal with that time a disabled child i used to work with died, a member of my family tried to kill themselves, my girl of 2 years dumped me and i got kicked out of my house, all within 48 hours.
    Shit man, I don't even know what the hell to say, but damn, sorry dude.

Does anyone else ever get this? Everything gravy and then once every five years the world just gives you a big kick in the nuts to make sure you are paying attention.
    I just went through this recently.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    seriously, keep your head up. Good things will come to you eventually.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    I'm sure everybody's experienced those times when life seems to kick you in the balls, and then when you hit the ground life proceeds to kick your teeth in and steal your lunch money. The severity of the things you described are pretty extreme though so my condolences.

I know how you feel though. My own personal story about a bunch of crap piling on in a short amount of time is this. Back about exactly 3 years ago my mom got in a car wreck in Illinois and almost died. For an idea of how serious a wreck we're talking about, here's a couple pics. If you can't make out what the mangled mess is, the first pic is the front seat on the passenger side, and the second pic is the trunk of the car:

We had to drive 6 hours to get to the hospital in Illinois where she was and the worst moment of my life was walking into that hospital room for the first time and seeing my mom hooked up to all kinds of machines and her body was so swollen from all the fluids they were pumping into her that she didn't have a wrinkle on her body anywhere.

And just when you think things can't get any worse... The next day my brother and the son of a lady who was in the wreck are driving back home to Kentucky because they have jobs they can't miss and somewhere around Louisville somebody rear-ends them on the interstate and their car goes into the median and rolls over 6 or 7 times. Luckily my brother was okay and sustained no major injuries thanks to his seat belt.

So my mom's in a coma, my brother gets into a big car wreck...things can't get worse, right? Wrong. A couple days later my sister finds out that her boyfriend has leukemia. At this point the bad news is pouring in so frequently that we all feel like we're in some bad movie.

That right there is pretty much what I refer to as the worst week of my life though, so I can definitely feel your pain in regards to your situation this weekend. Sometimes it just feels like life shits on you and then keeps on shitting.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bro,

That is fucked. stay up man, I read about the melbourne Stabbings on ABC:

Last Update: Monday, March 6, 2006. 6:38pm (AEDT)

Alcohol fuelled weekend violence, police say
    Police say alcohol is partly to blame for a higher than usual number of stabbings in Melbourne.

There were six separate stabbings in Melbourne over the weekend, just a week after a fatal stabbing on a train at Box Hill.

Inspector Steve Francis from the Homicide Squad says alcohol played a big part in the weekend violence.

"Whether it was the victim or the offender, there was alcohol involved, and I would suggest probably three quarters of those there was alcohol," he said.

Unfuckingbeleivable.

as for your girl... from someone that has had his heart broken,

(after 4 years, me leaving everything i had and travelling to the other side of the planet she did it over the phone. She was in Sweden, i was in Aussie. cold man, cold.)

time will sort that out for you mate.

I dont know your position and i am not the kind of man that judges easily, but if she is the kind of lady that will leave you to face this time alone, maybe its better you found out now and not years down the track.

Stay Strong bro.

aLAN.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Does anyone else ever get this? Everything gravy and then once every five years the world just gives you a big kick in the nuts to make sure you are paying attention.
    YES

as for your girl... from someone that has had his heart broken,

(after 8 years, driving home from work she out of the blue announces she's leaving, 2 weeks later she moves out & hasn't been in contact since then, coming up a year, no heads up or any hint there were troubles, too cold.)

time will sort that out for you mate.

I dont know your position and i am not the kind of man that judges easily, but if she is the kind of lady that will leave you to face this time alone, maybe its better you found out now and not years down the track.

Stay Strong bro.
    Kris
    Shit happens to the best of us, but we get through it. And so will you.