Reggae Raer OG vs Reish Question

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
What are the signs that the LP "Best of the Blues Busters" is original? Is the label supposed to be on Sunshine, or Dynamic? What is the runout, what does the inside of the cover look like (what kind of cardboard?) Was there a paste back on the sleeve's back side?Inquiring minds would like to know. Thanks, much appreciatedT.N. This guy right here is the album in question (not the exact album/reason I'm asking, but an example of the cover of the LP):

Comments

• Options
    That's the OG US. OG Ja is on SOUL and a year later on Dynamic. UK is on white Island label.

WARNING: Current represses of that sound like shit (Dynamic (orange) or Sunshine (white)) are aren't worth anything IMO.

K in Canada.

P.S. These guys could sing a tune.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The one I saw is yellow label Sunshine, and has a paste cover, which as you say is OG.No represses look like that? The interior looks like newer cardboard, but I just can't call it. OG K?
    I appreciate the help mang.

• Options
    THE sunshine re's I've seen have been a white label. If you listen to the vinyl, it's easy to tell. Can you listen to it?

K.

P.S. The Reissues are everywhere and have likely been pressed by multiple sources so beware.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Thanks K, I appreciate the help. Hopefully things will pan out.