SoulStrut Audio Tech Support (I need help-related)

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
So I have this mp3 file that my friend recorded off a live stream. Hesendedit to me in like 98kbps bit rate, which sounds like caca. I converted it to 320kbps in Xilisoft MP3 Converter, but it still sounds like doodoo. Is there anything I can do in say CoolEdit that would make it sound a bit nicer? It doesn't need to be perfect, just better. Right now it sounds muffled and bassy (noMiss) and poopoo-ish.Muchos Garcias.Herm

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    There is no turning back.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    reminds me of the old carpenter's saying, "don't cut the board too long, you can always add on more, later."

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    There is no turning back.

Oh well, thanks anyways, friends!!!

Herm

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    So I have this mp3 file that my friend recorded off a live stream. Hesendedit to me in like 98kbps bit rate, which sounds like caca. I converted it to 320kbps in Xilisoft MP3 Converter, but it still sounds like doodoo. Is there anything I can do in say CoolEdit that would make it sound a bit nicer? It doesn't need to be perfect, just better. Right now it sounds muffled and bassy (noMiss) and poopoo-ish.

Muchos Garcias.

H*rm -

Unfortunately, as w/ all things audio, it's contingent on the source material - so if it's subpar, there's really not much embellishment you can do to improve it...