Restaurant Strut

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
When I hit the road with the family or searching for vinyl there's nothing I enjoy more than finding a good, local restaurant. Screw Chili's and every other "chain" restaurant.....here are a few of my faves......please post yours so I can partake when I'm on the road!!Dallas - Herrera's....gotta rep this home town fave....Tex-Mex as it's supposed to be......just like in the gatefold of that first ZZ Top LP.....and how many restaurants get written up in National Geographic??!!Drago's - Metarie, Louisiana.......Fat City's finest with Bar-B-Q Oysters that are next level and beyond.....get there early, once the oysters run out you're screwed.Swadley's Bar-B-Q - Oklahoma City This place is the shit when it comes to Southwest Style Bar-B-Q.....I'd probably eat dogshit if it has their sauce on it....15th St on the North side of town....meat eaters will not be dissapointed.Castle Hill - Austin 5th St. ----We've already talked about Hoover's in another thread but if you want to take that special woman/man out for a somewhat upscale meal in Austin this is the place. Old house converted into a 4 star restaurant with Duck Gumbo you'll never forget.Original Oyster House - Mobile, Alabama On the water off of Battleship Drive it has amazingly weathered many a hurricane and has the best Key Lime Pie anywhere.Mr. Po-Boy Baton Rouge on Airport Highway.....an old Dairy Queen turned into this sandwich shop run by a guy from Lebanon!!! Best Shrimp Po-Boy I've ever had and the Baklava for desert is amazing.Share some restaurant knwledge!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There's a Cuban/Chinese restaurant on 73/74/75 st. on Broadway(UpperWestSide).
    Its an old NY staple for cats in that area. Good comfort food. Whatever cuisine you prefer, they do. I'ts not mind blowing, its just classic strightforward food.
    No chi-chi bullshit. There's another place in Chelsea that does the same but it doesnt compare.
    I cant remember the name. I'll post later.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    There's a Cuban/Chinese restaurant on 73/74/75 st. on Broadway(UpperWestSide).
    Its an old NY staple for cats in that area. Good comfort food. Whatever cuisine you prefer, they do. I'ts not mind blowing, its just classic strightforward food.
    No chi-chi bullshit. There's another place in Chelsea that does the same but it doesnt compare.
    I cant remember the name. I'll post later.

Mayne I LOVE some Cuban Chinese spots! La Nueva Victoria on 95th and Broadway is the joint. For straight ahead latin grub, Flor De Mayo on Broadway is DOPE! The grilled porkchops are next level.