Joe Pass on Pablo

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I really like his Virtuoso albums on this label, is there any other lps I should check out?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ::paging AP::

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I really like his Virtuoso albums on this label, is there any other lps I should check out?

are you looking for other Pablo records, or other Joe Pass records?

I like Art Tatum records on Pablo a very big bunch...and would definitely recommend if that's what you're after.

• tudo bem lp on pablo is killer brazillian fusion with dave grusin laying it down on rhodes and the paulina da costa on percussion.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts

are you looking for other Pablo records, or other Joe Pass records?

I like Art Tatum records on Pablo a very big bunch...and would definitely recommend if that's what you're after.

I'm interested mainly Joe Pass lps on Pablo, but if it's anything else on Pablo by other artists that are good, please feel free to list them. Thank You.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i've always enjoyed the dom um romao lp on pablo. great brazilian jazz.

just picked up an unplayed copy a few weeks ago if anyone needs one.

i've always enjoyed the dom um romao lp on pablo.

hotmosphere?

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    What you want is the Joe Pass On Discovery called interludes And the Joe Pass with Burning Spear (GOOD LUCK)...

lol

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    He that's a diffrent cover!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i've always enjoyed the dom um romao lp on pablo.

hotmosphere?

yah.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the Joe Pass with Burning Spear (GOOD LUCK)...

the private one?

• I really like his Virtuoso albums on this label, is there any other lps I should check out?

the duet albums w/ Ella Fitzgerald

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    most of joe pass' lps on pablo are ok. hardly any bad ones. there are some superb reords on pablo. i love agora by da costa and one or two dizzy lps (Dizzy's Party and Afro-Cuban Jazz Moods). mike longo, the louis bellson ones (explosion with a dope Chameleon version), jon faddis - Youngblood (with a nice drum break), Roy Eldridge's "Recado Bossa Nova" off the What It's All About LP is niiiiice. Milt Jackson has some good tunes on his Pablo records too. As well as Ray Brown.

I recently bought a Pablo record that almost made me shit blood, no lie... i didn't even know it existed...