DOPE TROPICALIA MIX

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Optimo: Tropicalia Mix (MP3)Glasgow's Optimo team proves that its record crates are deeper than its sets of Krautrock, techno, acid, no wave, psychedelia, funk, and "whorehouse" would lead you to believe (although, on second thought, that's pretty deep already). This 36-minute trip through Brazil's Tropicalia movement savors the sounds of Gilberto Gil, Tom Z??, Os Mutantes, and other offbeat heroes of the late-'60s scene. Listen :http://www.optimo.co.uk/optimo%20tropicalia%20mix.mp3

Comments

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    looking forward to hearing this.

cheers.

• tracklisting please?

• tracklisting please?

it's on the optimo.co.uk site. go to the home page then click the "goodies" link.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    perhaps i should make another thread for this but can someone who has a copy of Tropicalia ou Panis Et Circensis do me a favor and do a high resolution scan of the cover (specifically the photo part)?

i want to make a framed photo of the group portrait and CD insert size won't cut it. please post or pm if you can help me out

on a related note i just checked this out from my college's library and it's great

includes a section on the installation that tropicalia takes it's name from.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    For new jacks to this movement (like me) I highly recommend the Soul Jazz "Tropicalia" comp. It's been a real revelation...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Os Mutantes - Bat Macumba