Top Ten Reasons Record Collectors Can't Get A Date

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I'm easily amused......so in the spirit of David Letterman....__________________________________________________________________________________10 - Dinner & a Movie might interfere with the ending of an ebay auction.9 - Your idea of Sex is an LP on the Trans-Canada label 8 – There’s only one woman for every 875 men on SS7 - Most women know it's a thin line between Psych and Psycho 6 – You’re afraid to be seen in public with a white woman 5 - Your constant talk of 12" scares most women off 4 - Your addiction to vinyl includes Betsy the Blow Up Doll 3- Bragging about how you can hold 25 45's without using your hands is not the turn on you imagine it to be.2 – No woman trusts a man who spends more for a Dildo than she does.And the #1 reason Record Collector's Can't Get A Date....... You can't find a woman in true Mint- condition!!!!

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I'm easily amused......so in the spirit of David Letterman....

__________________________________________________________________________________
    10 - Dinner & a Movie might interfere with the ending of an ebay auction.

9 - Your idea of Sex is an LP on the Trans-Canada label

8 ??? There???s only one woman for every 875 men on SS

7 - Most women know it's a thin line between Psych and Psycho

6 ??? You???re afraid to be seen in public with a white woman[/b]

5 - Your constant talk of 12" scares most women off

4 - Your addiction to vinyl includes Betsy the Blow Up Doll

3- Bragging about how you can hold 25 45's without using your hands is not the turn on you imagine it to be.

2 ??? No woman trusts a man who spends more for a Dildo than she does.

And the #1 reason Record Collector's Can't Get A Date.......

You can't find a woman in true Mint- condition!!!!
    Can #6 be explained?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

__________________________________________________________________________________

6 ??? You???re afraid to be seen in public with a white woman[/b]

4 - Your addiction to vinyl includes Betsy the Blow Up Doll

3- Bragging about how you can hold 25 45's without using your hands is not the turn on you imagine it to be.

2 ??? No woman trusts a man who spends more for a Dildo than she does.

And the #1 reason Record Collector's Can't Get A Date.......

You can't find a woman in true Mint- condition!!!!
    Can #6 be explained?

I was wondering the same thing??

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I was going to post about number 6 also, except I was going to say it made me laugh(bazillion pager ahead)...I assume he is making reference to the "post a unattainable" thread(s) where a lot of posts of white girls were met with, "she looks busted" "she hasnt got an ass" "white girls just dont do it for me"...I believe that is what this in reference to, but I cant speak for Rockadelic...just making an asumption. But oh well, yell at me for my saying it was funny, I dont care...I leave for Italy tomorrow and I wont be around for the PC pontifications I am likely to recieve for thinking it was funny....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I was going to post about number 6 also, except I was going to say it made me laugh(bazillion pager ahead)...I assume he is making reference to the "post a unattainable" thread(s) where a lot of posts of white girls were met with, "she looks busted" "she hasnt got an ass" "white girls just dont do it for me"...I believe that is what this in reference to, but I cant speak for Rockadelic...just making an asumption. But oh well, yell at me for my saying it was funny, I dont care...I leave for Italy tomorrow and I wont be around for the PC pontifications I am likely to recieve for thinking it was funny....

You are correct...that was based on all the "white wimmins trashing" that I've witnessed here on SS.....there have been entire threads about "white girls just dont do it for me".......glad it made at least one of you laugh!!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

You are correct...that was based on all the "white wimmins trashing" that I've witnessed here on SS.....there have been entire threads about "white girls just dont do it for me".......glad it made at least one of you laugh!!
    A'ight, I was just curious. I personally don't care either way. I just wanted to know how that would have been funny and I get it somewhat now. The rest of the list is quite clever.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Italy vacation? Dude, jealous. Where are you going and how long's the trip?
    You thinking about making the trip to Austin next month?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    #1 Reason Record NERDs Can't Get A Date =

Soul Strut!

• They only Ball on eBay.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    #1 Reason Record NERDs Can't Get A Date =

Soul Strut!

cosiggle

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "white girls just dont do it for me"

I hear what you are saying Rockadelic, but I would argue that many on the board have girlfriends who are white and/or are married to FINE white women (having met more than a few strutter couples in real life). So yah, recant that one hommie! LOL. Although, if #6 were true for me it would make my life so much easier, haha.

"it takes all kinds..."

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Super funny rock

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

That's (unintentionally) disturbing given that one of the songs on that LP is titled something the effect of "I had to rape her".

• Options

That's (unintentionally) disturbing given that one of the songs on that LP is titled something the effect of "I had to rape her".

11. Stuffed Animals

That's ( intentionally[/b] ) disturbing given that one of the songs on that LP is titled something the effect of "I had to rape her".

Never underestimate the depths of my dementia

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

1 - You can't find a woman in true Mint- condition!!!!

so true and rather not funny. I laughed hard though...and it made me think, since many of my finds are more like vg+

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

That's ( intentionally[/b] ) disturbing given that one of the songs on that LP is titled something the effect of "I had to rape her".

huh?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

huh?

[rockadelic] please refer to #7

- Most women know it's a thin line between Psych and Psycho

[/rockadelic]

huh?

[/rockadelic]

Zactly......

BTW...I've been very happily married for 27 years to a beautiful woman I've known since the third grade.

huh?

[/rockadelic]

ah. i guess i still need to learn it's a thin line between a bad joke and really tasteless one.

huh?

[/rockadelic]

ah. i guess i still need to learn it's a thin line between a bad joke and really tasteless one.

The hardest thing about doing comedy on the internet is that it gets scutinized and over-scrutinized by virtue of it sitting there in print....hopefully one or two of them made you laugh.

huh?

[/rockadelic]

The hardest thing about doing comedy on the internet is that it gets scutinized and over-scrutinized by virtue of it sitting there in print....

nah man - i didn't have to look at that twice to know how i felt about it.

i'm done.

huh?

[/rockadelic]

The hardest thing about doing comedy on the internet is that it gets scutinized and over-scrutinized by virtue of it sitting there in print....

nah man - i didn't have to look at that twice to know how i felt about it.

i'm done.

So were you offended that there is a group called Sex that recorded a song called "I had to rape her" that geeky record collectors pay $100+ for the pleasure of listening to such crap....

Or the fact that I used it in a joke as to why said record geeks can't get a date??

• I'm easily amused......so in the spirit of David Letterman....

huh?

[/rockadelic]

Zactly......

BTW...I've been very happily married for 27 years to a beautiful woman I've known since the third grade.

-corey matthews of soulstrut in effect?