Super 3 - Philosophy Rappin Spree 12" [OG CZECH?]

TSGTSG 274 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I bought this raer gem from Pos K not too long ago (but before the reissue came out). He told me he had it since the day it came out in 1980. I mean the type of slight label wear/discoloration is clearly indicative of an original pressing...everything checks out except when I looked it up in the Freddy Fresh book, the etching said to be in the runout groove of an og does not match the etching on my copy...Is there anyone who knows of an alternate pressing? Am I missing something?? I need to prove its og status to the eBay greebos.Also, on this joint near mint and a Rappermatical 5 - Party People 12" in VG- w/o insert.

Comments

• I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure the OG copy has the F/W Herbie etching in the runout... I've seen two others without it -- one was a definite boot (didn't have Herbie)... The other was noticeably heavier than the boot, but didn't have the Herbie either... Confused yet???

There were two Rappermatical 12s... The first was "Party People"... The second was the Remix with the flyer... Price??? I've seen this go for as low as $75 and as high as $400 condition notwithstanding... Better condition and flyer obviously equal the higher end...

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure the OG copy has the F/W Herbie etching in the runout... I've seen two others without it -- one was a definite boot (didn't have Herbie)... The other was noticeably heavier than the boot, but didn't have the Herbie either... Confused yet???

There were two Rappermatical 12s... The first was "Party People"... The second was the Remix with the flyer... Price??? I've seen this go for as low as $75 and as high as $400 condition notwithstanding... Better condition and flyer obviously equal the higher end...

thank you. i appreciate the response. i have the remix without the flyer...we'll see...

my super 3 doesn't have the f/w herbie...dag! sounds like mine may be the heavier of the two boots...

they did a nice job with this boot if that in fact is the case.

can anyone confirm this?

• I have a boot and an OG.

The bootleggers did a good job on the label-- it's slightly darker, but otherwise very similar to the original. The wax itself is very easy to tell apart-- the OG has the markings and a 1-inch runout; the runout on the boot is much thinner.

• Pos K as in Positive K as in "I wanna turn you on and excite you, let me know the spot on your body an i'll bite you."

• and if it is positive K, you think i could get him to do a drop for me

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    I have a boot and an OG.

The bootleggers did a good job on the label-- it's slightly darker, but otherwise very similar to the original. The wax itself is very easy to tell apart-- the OG has the markings and a 1-inch runout; the runout on the boot is much thinner.

DAAAMMMNNN...i guess it's a boot!!! the runout is not even a 1/2 inch. it's just the label looks so convincing...you have to see it to feel me on this one. maybe i can upload a picture later.

and yeah THAT pos k...and i'm a little salty with him for selling me a boot! i feel chumpish. i should have done more investigation beforehand...at least it was relatively cheap.

don't know him really though just got in touch with him through dj mercury so a drop is unlikely. look up the seller musicsellsonline on ebay and ask mercury about it.

pease.

the.surgeon.general

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    Just double-checked... The OG copy has the:

"FW HP "

on it...

The boots do not...

• talk more about positive k....you are the one who did the name dropping

so did he really do both voices in that song?

• I've asked this before in other threads-- what is "Philosophy Rappin' Spree" an interpolation of? The Sugarhill Gang did a version of it also as "Giggalo."

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    talk more about positive k....you are the one who did the name dropping

so did he really do both voices in that song?

???

i was just saying i bought the record from him...not that he was rhyming on the record. and i dropped his name because i thought it may interest some people that he digs this record...g.