golden dome bombing conspiracy theories (nrr)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
from here...
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran, urged Iraqi Shia not to seek revenge against Sunni Muslims, saying there were definite plots ???to force the Shia to attack the mosques and other properties respected by the Sunni. Any measure to contribute to that direction is helping the enemies of Islam and is forbidden by sharia.???Instead, he blamed the intelligence services of the U.S. and Israel for being behind the bombs at the Golden Mosque.Well said Mr. Blair, particularly when we keep in mind the fact that less than a year ago in Basra, two undercover British SAS soldiers were detained by Iraqi security forces whilst traveling in a car full of bombs and remote detonators.Jailed and accused by Muqtada al-Sadr and others of attempting to generate sectarian conflict by planting bombs in mosques, they were broken out of the Iraqi jail by the British military before they could be tried.
anybody got a source on this?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What would be the point for the US to instigate a civil war? If anything, it'd make sense to me that insurgents, with no particular bent to Shia or Sunni, blew up the mosque as a way to make shit even harder for occupying forces.

• What would be the point for the US to instigate a civil war? If anything, it'd make sense to me that insurgents, with no particular bent to Shia or Sunni, blew up the mosque as a way to make shit even harder for occupying forces.

I wouldn't be surprised of anything by now.

The US is the country-equivalent of these guys:

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    What would be the point for the US to instigate a civil war? If anything, it'd make sense to me that insurgents, with no particular bent to Shia or Sunni, blew up the mosque as a way to make shit even harder for occupying forces.

Seriously. I'm not by any means a Bush supporter, but this is possibly the worst thing to happen to their "Iraq is happy and now we're leaving" campaign. I have no idea who did this, but it doesn't seem likely to have been a Western-Gov't-sanctioned thing. Either 1) Iraq comes together on this, united in their hate for the infringing Western world who fucked their lives up even more ever since their invasion, or 2) they are divided because of it, go into a sectarian civil war, and the bloodied victor arises to instill the new Iraq with (you guessed it) hate for the infringing Western world who fucked their lives up even more ever since their invasion. Zero sum, either way.

Oh: Let's be careful with this topic.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As O-Dub and Luck have already pointed out, this bombing has undone everything that the U.S. has been working for. 1) Trying to curb the militias, 2) Trying to get control of the police, 3) Bring in Sunnis into the government to counter balance the religious Shiia parties, 4) Calm an already brewing civil war that's seen death squads, disappearances, torture and secret prisons.

One thing that I can speculate upon is that Al Qaeda in Iraq might not have done the bombing as everyone assumes. Usually they blow stuff up and lots of people get killed. No one got killed in this bombing.

And what's funny is that some papers in Asia have come up with conspiracy theories that blame the Shiia for the bombing, not the Sunnis or the U.S.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    How could Bush and his boys have done this when they've been so busy planning and pulling off the murder of Don Knotts!!!!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    As O-Dub and Luck have already pointed out, this bombing has undone everything that the U.S. has been working for. 1) Trying to curb the militias, 2) Trying to get control of the police, 3) Bring in Sunnis into the government to counter balance the religious Shiia parties, 4) Calm an already brewing civil war that's seen death squads, disappearances, torture and secret prisons.

One thing that I can speculate upon is that Al Qaeda in Iraq might not have done the bombing as everyone assumes. Usually they blow stuff up and lots of people get killed. No one got killed in this bombing.

And what's funny is that some papers in Asia have come up with conspiracy theories that blame the Shiia for the bombing, not the Sunnis or the U.S.
    more fany theories
    part of the big picture to bring them all together ?
    or not
    issues like tissues

on the lighter side .....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

for the record I was just trying to find a source on the statement about the british SAS dudes (thanks coffinjoe). I'm not really ready to believe our government/military is running black ops to keep hostility high in iraq. but as for why US forces would do this, a lot of people are making a lot of money off this war and would like to see our troops over there as long as possible.

(I am ready to believe our government/military is running black ops to kill the remaining cast members of andy griffith. WATCH YOUR BACK RON HOWARD)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

(I am ready to believe our government/military is running black ops to kill the remaining cast members of andy griffith. WATCH YOUR BACK RON HOWARD)

Indisputable proof!!! All Dead.....

Coincidence.....I think not!!!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Has any one heard from George Lindsey recently. I'm worried.