post a mash-up

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
or remix, or whatever.here's a couple i threw together recently in Live real quick. thats such an easy little program to use, lovin it at home on the laptop.Slim Thug vs. Barkays 50 vs. J Dilla Dem Franchize Boys vs. Smoothe Da Hustler post some of yours up, and try and keep them high-res plaese, thanks!

Comments

• That Bar Kays one is H.E.A.T.

gonna save it to the HD, thanks! I've been blending that acc live with Double J's "Bless The Funk" to pretty nice results.

Enk, you ne'er told me you dug the Casanova Rud joints!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Enk, you ne'er told me you dug the Casanova Rud joints!

I know, it's something I've kept quiet for so long.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    That Bar Kays one is H.E.A.T.

thanks!

yeah, use em in serato, thats what they're for. i need to make more.

keep em comin y'all.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i KNOW there are more people on here with some dope mashups for me to download.

POST A MASH UP OR YOU'RE SOFT!!!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Here's the 4 I have on my MySpace page. The quality's not good cuz I've been having some recording issues. While I got ya here mesh, if the audio in the left channel is significantly quieter than the right, is there some kind of tool to beef just that channel up? Also, what could be causing that? Thanks and enjoy...

Do What You Gotta Do
    One Snap
    Fumbling Over Raw Beats
    Listen to the Technique

DJ Ferrari

• I was gonna post some of my, but it seems the site that's hosting them is down....

But here are a couple tracks that I produced...

Mic Devious-Never Left

Mic Devious f. Chilee Powdah-Feel The Vibe

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    While I got ya here mesh, if the audio in the left channel is significantly quieter than the right, is there some kind of tool to beef just that channel up? Also, what could be causing that? Thanks and enjoy...

yeah, you can get a plug-in that will allow you to adjust one side. i use waves plugins, but there are probably a bunch of free ones that will work too.

another thing you can do is to split the track into 2 mono files and them put each side on its own track. then pan the OG left side to hard left, and OG right side to hard right, then bump up the low track individually.

it does that because vinyl generally plays one side louder than the other. thats just how it goes. i read a detailed explanation of it once, but i dont remember much from it. something to do with how the needle picks up the audio and so forth. someone here could probably give a specific answer to that question.

gettin ready to DL, thanks.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Thanks dude.

DJ Ferrari

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Here's the 4 I have on my MySpace page. The quality's not good cuz I've been having some recording issues. While I got ya here mesh, if the audio in the left channel is significantly quieter than the right, is there some kind of tool to beef just that channel up? Also, what could be causing that? Thanks and enjoy...

Do What You Gotta Do
    One Snap
    Fumbling Over Raw Beats
    Listen to the Technique

DJ Ferrari

Just use sound forge and pump up the offending channel... Takes five seconds, no plug in required.. just volume, my man.

• it probably has to do with skating or anti-skate adjusted incorrectly. if the needle horizontal forces aren't equal, the needle will press harder to one side and play it slightly louder.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    please make some more boogie funk dirty south blends! i need more

• meshmesh 925 Posts

nice. are those on the rub page? i checked it recently but guess i missed these.

i will try and mash some more boogie funk with the dirty dirty for ya mcdee!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not my production but wish it was. The Message run through a vocoder with a bit of Italo-disco underneath, courtesy of datashat.

• please make some more boogie funk dirty south blends! i need more

mcdee...............Please get in touch. I've send a PM and e-mailed you.

• Introducing:

Willy Millowitsch VS Schooly D

worldfamous german oldschool chansonier and one of germanys greatest charakter actors Willy Millowitsch explains what PSK really means: "Pl??sierche, Supp & Kokolores"...

Crank It up and let the classic 909 Break rock the Block :-)

Willy VS PSK

Enjoy my neighbourhood gumbo straight out the pot!

Scope

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice to seee you back on the board scope

paging alien NDN with the mash ups

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

nice. are those on the rub page? i checked it recently but guess i missed these.

i will try and mash some more boogie funk with the dirty dirty for ya mcdee!

yeah i just put most of them up yesterday and there are others. my favorite is Trakademiks's remix of Tell Me When to Go.

• nice to seee you back on the board scope

paging alien NDN with the mash ups

Ha ha,

thanks a lot pcmr!!

nice beeing welcomed even after Ive never really been away (just a little under the surface maybe...)

Post more mash up fire, pplz!!!

SC

• here's a lil ditty I did...

Three 6 Mafia over some George Michaels with a sprinkle of Goodie Mob?

(edit: whoops that first file had a couple glitch issues, better one up now...)

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1NNGMIZ9VH3CX3EWMMWBE490ZP

I've been doing it as a live blend so I was a bit suprised how tough it was to
    line up a "studio" type version and have it sound correct...though my head is
    filled with cold related mucus right now so my hearing is not so hot.

line up a "studio" type version and have it sound correct

Ah, nuts to all that. Just do it live in one take, imperfections be damned! That's how I did it. Of course, I can't imagine anybody would want to actually play mine out. Hell, I barely ever do that one in front of a crowd.

• I've been doing it as a live blend so I was a bit suprised how tough it was to

Ah, nuts to all that. Just do it live in one take, imperfections be damned! That's how I did it. Of course, I can't imagine anybody would want to actually play mine out. Hell, I barely ever do that one in front of a crowd.

doh!

I def. believe in doing blends and tricks live! However for myself, when releasing something out into the world to be listened to repeatedly... (hopefully) I like to compress the live elements to specific segments within the arrangement.

doh!

I def. believe in doing blends and tricks live! However for myself, when releasing something out into the world to be listened to repeatedly... (hopefully) I like to compress the live elements to specific segments within the arrangement.

Yeah, I feel you on that. I'm just Joshin' ya. Har! Get it?

Sorry. I'll stop now.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    here's a lil ditty I did...

tight.

here's one my boy jeyone did with stay fly and push it:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0U0RCL2NN67T1GZEA7KD8L5ES

• here's a lil ditty I did...

tight.

here's one my boy jeyone did with stay fly and push it:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0U0RCL2NN67T1GZEA7KD8L5ES

i know the 3-6-mafia has been overdone, but did anyone catch that mashup with "stay fly" and "dancing in the streets" this morning on the Tom Joyner Show??? it actually sounded really good. it wasn't a straight blend. there was some decent editing. i can't find it on the net. someone please post it.

• This is old, but it's the only one I have online:

Leela James "Music" RMX

• Awright. Got some old blends posted.

These were from a MF Doom Blend Tape I was workin on, then I lost my hard drive. These are what I saved. Some I think i've posted before.

Clipse
    OutKast
    Joe Budden
    Terror Squad
    Snoop
    Mannie Fresh
    DMX