Soulstrut meeting in Europe this summer (Cologne)

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited February 2006 in Announcements
First Soulstrut Meeeting for Europeans and affiliates this summer [/b]When:[/b] August, 4th/5th 2006Where:[/b] Cologne, GermanyWhat: [/b]Friday night: Disco Diamant club night (ScopeCGN's event - he's on the Soulstrut board)Saturday noon - afternoon: outside BBQ - meet, talk, trade (bring your rares), listen, drink, eat (tofu or meat or vegetables or fish), get free t-shirts (number one reason to come by)Saturday afternoon - night: inside/outside bar event - people can play music (anyone can DJ for 20-30 minutes, you need to enter your name on a list on location), liquid refreshments, talk, hang-out, relaxWhat I need from you: [/b]-A NAME FOR THIS EVENT. PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS. -Tell me if and when you are coming by. No official invitations needed, but it would be nice to know how many people are going to attend the BBQ ([color:red]main Soulstut event[/color]) and bar night. My estimation: we're going to be around 10 - 20 peopleWanna DJ at the Soulstrut club night?[/b]ask ScopeCGN about thisFurther notes:[/b]I might send out extensive Flyers to let you know where to meet for Saturday's BBQ and bar night. If you don't know where to stay in Cologne that night, please PM me. We could book a Soulstrut dorm room at a nearby youth hostel (ayo). If you want to spend some more time in Germany and would like to go digging, feel free to ask. I might be going on a trip to Frankfurt by car on Monday, August 7th. Hot spots guaranteed.

Comments

• I'll be there.
    Got no records. I do not spin. Just coming by to listen to some good music and maybe learn something along the way.

But what's going on Saturdaynight?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Saturday night:
    inside/outside bar event - people can play music (anyone can DJ for 20-30 minutes, you need to enter your name on a list on location), liquid refreshments, talk, hang-out, relax

No need to bring records unless you want to play some songs or trade. We're only 4 people so far. Where is everyone? Please leave some feedback. Is the date OK? Too late?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    just want to let you know that the meeting has been canceled. i know it's too early and stuff, but since i get no responses and since i'd rather spend my time and money on records (i was planning on doing somthing big), i'll let it slide. i hope you understand. you can still do this without me. i'm just not feeling the whole thing. i got exams this summer and for some reason, this meeting just began to crumble.

it would be cool to meet some soulstrut people this summer though. i'm going on a little trip, so if there's anyone interested in travelling through germany to look for records, feel free to pm me.

my bestest wishes
    grippy grope (ayo)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Damn Grope, that's a shame but I understand you. Where did all the people who expressed interest a while ago disappear to???

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Damn Grope, that's a shame but I understand you. Where did all the people who expressed interest a while ago disappear to???

good question... I have no idea.

You said that you were coming to Germany this summer, right? Let me know later on. I want to go record shopping this summer BIG TIME. We might be able to meet somewhere.

• just want to let you know that the meeting has been canceled. i know it's too early and stuff, but since i get no responses and since i'd rather spend my time and money on records (i was planning on doing somthing big), i'll let it slide. i hope you understand. you can still do this without me. i'm just not feeling the whole thing. i got exams this summer and for some reason, this meeting just began to crumble.

it would be cool to meet some soulstrut people this summer though. i'm going on a little trip, so if there's anyone interested in travelling through germany to look for records, feel free to pm me.

my bestest wishes
    grippy grope (ayo)

Ey, R U 4 REAL??

I mean, I understand that it is all a bit sloppy with the posting reactions & such, but to blow it?? naaah, come on, I don't know...

How about to just chill till summer, than we look if we feel to come up again with the topic to the ppl here.
    I think it might be a bit to early yet to really get people confirmed to the whole thing real tight.
    And we could organize the whole thing in 3 weeks in advance as good as in 300 days in advance...

I would recommend: chill, do your exams, do some serious diggin, relax and than we speak again, hommie

If it's not gonna happen, you will still be credited all times for coming up with the idea!

Grope keep ur head up, doode!

Scope

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Yes, fo' reel.

I wouldn't be happy doing this. Noone replying. No suggestions. No PMs.
    I had to PM people about this!!! Still NO replies.

A meeting should be about records. Let's be honest, there are hardly any Europeans posting about records on Soulstut. Plus, only 1 Vinylvulturer was interested.

Seriuosly, I'm not interested in this anymore. What's the point of having a party with strangers? I know it's early, but I was trying to set this up asap, because people from abroad would need to buy airplane or train tickets.

Like I said, I'd rather save my money and buy some records.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    a real shame to see you cancel this, i was looking forward to it and im sure it would have been a success!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Nah! Shit is not dead yet.
    Grope, remember when the "BREAK IN THE ROAD" project has started, Nat was talkin' alone...
    Don't stress, like Scope (hi dude) said do your exams... whatever you got to do... we will see what's happenin ' later.

B.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    we are only 5 people. no need to set up a meeting for us plus lurkers.

i know i know,

we can still meet, but not at a club nite with strangers or a bbq with people we don't know. i might sound harsh... but please remember, i was the one who came up with the idea. i wanted to invite people over and get to know you. i'm just not feeling this anymore.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Don't stress

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Don't stress

suggestions please...

wanna meet in paris? i'd love to go to paris again.

= good times!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Yeah! That would be really cool!

The Strutters are always the welcome to Paris.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    how about a little euro strut meet & greet @ the mega fair in Utrecht NL 4/7-8-9 ?
    fair info
    i'll be at booth # 388 holding down the wax with my mate Percy Prescod
    smoking left handed ciggs & playing messed up records
    come by
    have a laff
    a drink or a smoke
    play some tunes
    nice indonesian food next door

did i mention there will be records there ?

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    ...a nice idea,
    I would not see it as a real substitution because:
    - No club night
    - No BBQ & chillout
    - No soulstrutter only record swap meeting

but also a very good idea.

Im gonna be there anyways

...a nice idea,
    I would not see it as a real substitution because:
    - No club night
    - No BBQ & chillout
    - No soulstrutter only record swap meeting

but also a very good idea.

Im gonna be there anyways

right on !

maybe a planning session for the righteous eurostrut for later / post world cup date ?

since some of us will already be there ..........

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

right on !

maybe a planning session for the righteous eurostrut for later / post world cup date ?

Cool! I'll see you and Tom in Utrecht this year. Still standing next to Tom?

Just been checking my PMs... thanks. let's get this on. I might have changed my mind... maybe this will work out fine.

Scope, check your emails tomorrow please...

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

right on !

Just been checking my PMs... thanks. let's get this on. I might have changed my mind... maybe this will work out fine.

Scope, check your emails tomorrow please...

good, keep your mind changed.
    I'm down for the whole Cologne-thing.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

good, keep your mind changed.
    I'm down for the whole Cologne-thing.

and I might have little surprise for all of you. no, not the free t-shirts...

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Damn! Grope, you know i'm in (ayo). Just didn't check the board the last week. (Lots of work plus new girlfriend = no time)
    And if you need help with the planing, just let me know.
    I'm really looking forward to this, so it would be really sad, if it didn't happen.

Name:

gropestrut (ok, i'll try to come up with some serious ideas... )

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

haha... nice one. keep on, keep on...

i'll have to sort out some things first. let's put it like this: we NEED to be 10 - 15 people for sure. about 8 soulstrutters replied so far. I NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON:

1) the place
    2) the date (august is late, right?)
    3) the schedule

No need to apply early... but it would be nice to leave some feedback.

haha... nice one. keep on, keep on...

i'll have to sort out some things first. let's put it like this: we NEED to be 10 - 15 people for sure. about 8 soulstrutters replied so far. I NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON:

1) the place
    2) the date (august is late, right?)
    3) the schedule

No need to apply early... but it would be nice to leave some feedback.

Do these 10-15 people need to be from soulstrut? Or do they just need to be into diggin' etc...?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Do these 10-15 people need to be from soulstrut? Or do they just need to be into diggin' etc...?

SOULSTRUT OR VINYLVULTURE

yes !

standing, sitting or swaying ( a bit dizzy in a cloud of smoke)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    still need a name for this and some feedback on the date and place.some people were complaining about cologne. let's secure or call this off this ASAP. we'Re about 10 people so far. shall we go ahead and all the others have to adapt? i don't want to be responsible for this all by myself. i'd feel bad...

i couldn't think of a name yet. how about "euround" (see... i suck at this).

help me out! pleeeeease?!

still need a name for this and some feedback on the date and place.some people were complaining about cologne. let's secure or call this off this ASAP. we'Re about 10 people so far. shall we go ahead and all the others have to adapt? i don't want to be responsible for this all by myself. i'd feel bad...

i couldn't think of a name yet. how about "euround" (see... i suck at this).

help me out! pleeeeease?!

Ok, if you're realy asking for it:

Euro-Strut

Euro Sayer

BreakbeatEuropaer

S????l-Str??t

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Yay!

S????l-Str??t

How about Soul-Strudel . OK, Maybe not.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Krautschtrutt