"Tell Me When To Go" at my High School's assembly

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
right after the principal gave out the Honor Roll awards, they started bumping this and all the kids got stupid, it was ridiculous

Comments

• right after the principal gave out the Honor Roll awards, they started bumping this and all the kids got stupid, it was ridiculous

The kids at the middle school I work at have added "Yaddadamean" to their vocabulary in a big way, among other bay slang (yee! yee!).

I tried explaining that this song wasn't getting play elsewhere in the country and they really weren't tying to hear me. The Bay is the center of the universe to these kids!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    right after the principal gave out the Honor Roll awards, they started bumping this and all the kids got stupid, it was ridiculous

The kids at the middle school I work at have added "Yaddadamean" to their vocabulary in a big way, among other bay slang (yee! yee!).

I tried explaining that this song wasn't getting play elsewhere in the country and they really weren't tying to hear me. The Bay is the center of the universe to these kids!

I feel ya. I have many kids that have hardly left Oakland. To them, Berkeley is where all the crazy homeless people live, and SF has all the gay people and shops in downtown. Not only that, there's a lot of kids that never even leave their neighborhoods outside of going to school. These are high schoolers I'm talking about.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Yeah, I hear that. I'm in San Diego and I'll be talking about the beach and I'm like you know the beach? No. Who's been to the beach? Silence. Who's been to the forest, camping? Silence.

It's sad.

• right after the principal gave out the Honor Roll awards, they started bumping this and all the kids got stupid, it was ridiculous

Your still in high school??????
    WTF????

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    she's a teacher.

• she's a teacher.
    You go to that high school??
    WTF??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    she's a teacher.
    You go to that high school??

WTF??

thats the teachers fiance.

I'd post a picture but none are known to exist

Seems kinda ironic they'd play a record about going dumb right after acknowledging the studious kids. Isn't that a mixed message?

Seems kinda ironic they'd play a record about going dumb right after acknowledging the studious kids. Isn't that a mixed message?

teachers are clueless, they play Young Jeezy and "Kryptonite" everyday at lunch, no one knows what it means (besides me) and I've already done my part to ban Stop Snitching shirts, my crusade is over. Besides, I love E-40.

"jesus christ had dreads, so shake 'em" = historical factoid!
    "imagine all the hebrews goin' dumb" = classroom writing activity / religious discussion!
    "i'm from the soil where these rappers be gettin' their lingo from" = geography / etymology!
    "gas, brake, dip, DIP!" = physical education!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

"imagine all the hebrews goin' dumb" = classroom writing activity / religious discussion!
    "i'm from the soil where these rappers be gettin' their lingo from" = geography / etymology!

Don't forget: "Black Zeus" = Greek mythology lessons (slightly remixed)

• "i'm off that 18th purple juice" = chemistry / snack break / afterschool special

"i'm off that 18th purple juice" = chemistry / snack break / afterschool special

Please to explain: what is 18th purple juice? I thought he was saying "18th double deuce."

Doh.

• "i'm off that 18th purple juice" = chemistry / snack break / afterschool special

Please to explain: what is 18th purple juice? I thought he was saying "18th double deuce."

Doh.

18 as in 1800 tequila, so I guess the kids should credit for history and spanish, too.

"i'm off that 18th purple juice" = chemistry / snack break / afterschool special

Doh.

18 as in 1800 tequila, so I guess the kids should credit for history and spanish, too.

Doh.

I thought it was his 18th glass of purple juice.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    "Cross game, you get flipped like a burger patty" = gym / home-ec!

Kids should also get credit for like two semesters of Driver's Ed: "ghost ride the whip!", "gas, break, dip!", "doors open, mang" etc.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

an excellent regimen

• I've already done my part to ban Stop Snitching shirts

STOP SNITCHING.

• Dr. Greenthumb lift, just to ease my thoughts

Botany

The moon is full, look at the dark clouds

Meteorology

All that other shit, sugar-coated and watered down

Health

• My city couldn't be saved by John The Pope

World religions

• "i'm from the soil where these rappers be gettin' their lingo from" = geography / etymology!

"From the Bay to the A" = Geography bonus/potential setup for a mathematical word problem?

Thizz Face = Chemistry

• "i'm from the soil where these rappers be gettin' their lingo from" = geography / etymology!

"From the Bay to the A" = Geography bonus/potential setup for a mathematical word problem?

"Put [it] in a backwoods, swisher sweet, or a J, it's dope"

drug abuse seminar!

• Thizz Face = Chemistry / sex ed[/b]

• Thizz Face = Chemistry / sex ed[/b]

Dancing on top of chariots and turning tight ones = world history/Roman mythology

Some Henny, some Swishers and some Listerine strips = hygiene

1800 Jose Cuervo = Spanish

• this thread is genius

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I feel ya. I have many kids that have hardly left Oakland. To them, Berkeley is where all the crazy homeless people live, and SF has all the gay people and shops in downtown. Not only that, there's a lot of kids that never even leave their neighborhoods outside of going to school. These are high schoolers I'm talking about.

I was shocked when I asked some of my kids if they'd ever been to the ocean (kids from Oakland, Richmond, etc.) and most of them said no. Tripped me the fuck out. I get it, but it still fucked with my head. Motown67, we gotta have a beer sometime and talk "teacher" shop. Anybody else game?

• I love this!!!

I don't know how old that girl is, but DAMN SHE'S THICK!!! Mmmmm!

Herm