E-40 is on the new PUTS album.

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Absolutely true. I'm listening to an advance right now and was very surprised to hear his familiar voice. Nice on, Thes!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Absolutely true.

I'm listening to an advance right now and was very surprised to hear his familiar voice. Nice on, Thes!

I NEED TO HEAR THIS.

Beleive it or not, I'm actually an E-40 fan. And I'm a PUTS fan. Well, ok, I'm a fan of Thes's karaoke stylings, but thats the same thing, right?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Me liked when E-40 was on Motion Man's album...which was vastly underrated/slept-on.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Am I in the right thread?

• I NEED TO HEAR THIS.

I'm actually an E-40 fan. And I'm a PUTS fan.

same here

Ross:

NOW you're down with the "P"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    isnt it going to be weird to hear e-40 rapping about digging?

i kid i kid

• Is this the album 'Stepfather'? A friend of mine is releasing it locally down here on Earshot.
    I'm sure it will be another banging slice of traditional hip hop that some of us on here rate.

Wonder if Thes has hooked up some of those sub-continent records he would of bought in India..
    Might have an exotic flavour to it.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Wonder if Thes has hooked up some of those sub-continent records he would of bought in India..
    Might have an exotic flavour to it.

Looking forward to this album!

• yeha, I know i been kind of MIA around here as of late...mainly due to putting an enormous amount of heart/effort into the Stepfather project.

40, hell yes. well kind of but you gotta respect the architects and he is, if their ever was one in the west, def. one of them. More seriously though our blazed out jam session with George Clinton is on there.

I would like to point out that the beat that comes in at the end of The Brownout is entitled Dan G's groove (but with no track marker it didn't get a 'formal' title) and is a celebration and ultimate extension of the heatrocks drive (the music came straight from there). Plus OG Phill Mos repped on the record as well so there you have it.

I hope yall like it and if you don't put out something better or shut the fu** up.

april 18th yall.

• oh yeah..don't be afraid. there are no jazz loops or sped up r&b samples. Just a whole lot of raer shit you'll never see or hear turned into beats. GReat!

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Who do I gotta sleep with to hear a promo of this schitt!?!

• holla mang! you know i got you! you haven't heard the album that got leaked to the internet? man that shit is the truth!

oh yeah, since there is no rapping about records on this album, i think you, dear soulstrut reader, will eb interested in the following tracks:

Pass the 40 - south asian drum machine workout 1978
    The Brownout - country acetate breakbeat (thanks cool chris!)
    Tuxedo Rap - mexican michael jackson cover
    Crown Ones - LA private accordian funk
    Flex Off - private midwest modern workout
    LA9X - Inkster Gospel and Traffic jammin'

oh, man theres plenty there...

• oh yeah, since there is no rapping about records on this album, i think you, dear soulstrut reader, will eb interested in the following tracks:

There's also no rapping about rapping--and even a slight diss of backpackers.

Don't alienate your foreign fanbase!

• Pass the 40

i got the promo this morning, beat on that one is

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i cant get over jamboree pt. 1. makes me miss la.

raashan says, "waddup thes."

• maaaaaaaaan just by reading this thread alone I got excited *AY YO* about independent hip-hop again. I'm already proud of my fellow Cali latino indie rap dude without even hearing it.

no rapping about rapping=

• thes - is there a kankick return diss? hahaha

• who the hell is kankick?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    who the hell is kankick?

He is a Oxnard producer friends of madlib and that crew. Dope instrumental albums and collabos with declaime.

Thes did you ever dig in Lima...Tacna/Quilca avenida?

I love PUTS can't wait for the new album

• of course. had it cleaned out in 93.
    unfortuantely alot of my multiples are gone now over the years and I didn't care too much about condition, but any of my five albums reflect alot of the peruvian psych that was pulled out of there.

this new record moreso reflects digging missions in Mexico City, Southern and Western India, Los Angeles and a few spots in between.

as far as kankcik goes, i heard he was talking something but I have niether met nor had any interaction with dude. I wish him the best and all the success in this f_**ed up rap game, nawmean. shit is tough and we all need to stick together now more than ever, at least if your trying not to make some derivative bullshi*.

Thanks for the kind words yall, seriously. Spread the good word about april 18th, the cd comes packaged with a dvd and poster. There are many a strut moment on the record and think some of yall will 'get' (re:understand) it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    of course. had it cleaned out in 93.
    unfortuantely alot of my multiples are gone now over the years and I didn't care too much about condition, but any of my five albums reflect alot of the peruvian psych that was pulled out of there.

this new record moreso reflects digging missions in Mexico City, Southern and Western India, Los Angeles and a few spots in between.

Sounds great...yeah the condition is pretty much a something to forget about however cant beat 2 soles prices (55ct US or something) and then dealing somemore cuarnta para sesenta....setenta.

Cant wait to go back and pull some criollo raer

• word up.. my next record, hopefully, is going to be nothing but latin-psych spanglish stylings. look for that in 2007!

• There are many a strut moment on the record and think some of yall will 'get' (re:understand) it.

Alls I'm saying is their better be a shoutout to the ZG Nation. Maybe even throw Lolo, Smilin' Billy and them up in the video.

Bam-baaaaaaa-taaaaaaaa!

Herm

• as far as kankcik goes, i heard he was talking something but I have niether met nor had any interaction with dude. I wish him the best and all the success in this f_**ed up rap game, nawmean. shit is tough and we all need to stick together now more than ever, at least if your trying not to make some derivative bullshi*.
    honestly im assuming kankick was just going by how people thought you had dissed madlib, and was just sticking up for his fellow oxnardian. it wasn't in depth, just a small jab on his release 'seeing spirits'

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    can we hear this track anywhere thes?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    So I take it the whole E-40/PUTS thing was an ol' "pullin' of the leg" as they say? If so, I fell for it. "YOU GOT ME! YOU GOT ME NOW!"

That little hidden track at the -14:20 mark (before track 1) is that HEAT, though!!! Only Thes would bring Me & My Cousin out of hiding!!! (Well, Thes & Daze, of course.)

Herm