Graf Piece starts race row!

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
A few years ago in a drive to cut down graf, a load of money was given to the local graf guys to paint our bus station, while the amount of money they were given was too high (I???m a tax payer so I pay for that shit) they did a good job.But now there is a problem! is this offensive? Its been there for like 2 years and I never heard anybody even suggest racist.But now its got to go (see link).BBC Report.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    A few years ago in a drive to cut down graf, a load of money was given to the local graf guys to paint our bus station, while the amount of money they were given was too high (I???m a tax payer so I pay for that shit) they did a good job.

But now there is a problem! is this offensive?

Its been there for like 2 years and I never heard anybody even suggest racist.

But now its got to go (see link).

BBC Report.

Just goes to show you how context can be a fluid thing. While I actually buy the artist's explanation and think in that context it is not offensive(racially or otherwise), clearly the days when a stick of dynamite can grace the wall of a bus station or subway station with impunity are over.

• while the amount of money they were given was too high (I???m a tax payer so I pay for that shit)[/b]

Mr Parkz... Now why would YOUR tax money go to pay for something you disagree with?
    Wouldn't it go towards the things YOU personally wanted improved.
    Like roads, parks, hosptials, etc... Or do you not want YOUR $$ to go there?

Just saying...
    It's something my cunt of an uncle says al the time... He sounds old...

The artist was making a statement. Which I can also see his inferrence.
    They give tribespeople tools, but don't explain what the correct use is for so they are redundant.
    How can someone see that as racist?
    It's merely pointing out the hypocrisy in the Western world's misguided attempts at aid.

Like when the Bush admin food dropped in Afghanistan. Looked good on TV, but was pathetic & uselesss. Either they burst on impact, were dropped into mindefields & peopel were killed or bad dudes gathered them all up & sold them at markets leaving the people who needed them without.
    Excellent thinking...

Why can't people use their brains...
    ...this is when the bootstrapping PC police go a bit awry with thier determinations. Retards.

I'm pissed of because there is currently a massive war going on against graff in my country & the above scenario is rearing its head every week down here.
    It recently resulted in the Marc Ecko game 'Getting Up' being banned.
    It is illegal to own or import. It has been placed in the same category as beastiality DVDS.
    Yet the 'Grand Theft Auto' series is available everwhere here...

• while the amount of money they were given was too high (I???m a tax payer so I pay for that shit)[/b]

Mr Parkz... Now why would YOUR tax money go to pay for something you disagree with?

Just saying...

The problem with the funding for this project was that the amount of cash given to the guys to do this project was way to high. I cant remember how much but it was some silly shit. That???s why as well as paint a few of the guys ended up with laptops! And other shit.
    I would have preferred the money go towards the local run down hospital instead of a graf project.

Just saying...

The problem with the funding for this project was that the amount of cash given to the guys to do this project was way to high. I cant remember how much but it was some silly shit. That???s why as well as paint a few of the guys ended up with laptops! And other shit.
    I would have preferred the money go towards the local run down hospital instead of a graf project.

'aving a laugh with you ol' Parky.

As a onetime prolific writer I'm pro-graff all the way. We'd always ask for more than what we needed when doing local council jobs. To help the night time bombing missions foundation.
    We all know that departments get alloted budgets.
    I'd rather some of the funds, to help the hospitals, came out of the military budget than the community beautification budget.

Laptops? Um, that is a little on the hysterical side. We'd just get ..paint.
    Crazy talk.
    Still. I like to believe my tax dollars go to repairing the regeneration of flora in my neighbourhood.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I'm pissed of because there is currently a massive war going on against graff in my country & the above scenario is rearing its head every week down here.
    It recently resulted in the Marc Ecko game 'Getting Up' being banned.
    It is illegal to own or import. It has been placed in the same category as beastiality DVDS.
    Yet the 'Grand Theft Auto' series is available everwhere here...

that is seriously not a good look...I remember Ecko won the trial in NYC, where they wanted to ban that too. That must be an illegal move justified by lobbyinterests...i bet Ecko could sue your Government and would win...on what basis was that decision justified? That pisses me off too, really...same for those fuckers that use a picture how they want it (busstatiografrelated)

• we had a graf piece start a race row a little while back in my town:

http://www.jewishsf.com/content/2-0-/mod...splaystory.html