Street Fighter 2 appreciation post (NRR)

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I just saw one replica of the old arcade game at a computer expoit was years I didn't see it how many memories of my teen years......... ..........any other fan on here ?which characther you used to choose ?

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    there was this cafe across from my highschool with a version of Street Fighter 2 that had a chip in it.

The chip it in made it so you could do the following things:

1) Change characters mid game.
    2) Launch unlimited "Haduken's" (like if you kept doing it, there could be more than one on the screen).
    3) "extremized" the speed of everything. Slow fireballs were very slow, fast were very fast.
    4) If you did a "Haduken" with blanka, he would crouch down to do the electricity but a sonic-boom would come out.
    5) If you did a "haduken" in mid-air you could jump from that spot again.
    6) If you hit someone from close with a strong-dragon-punch and kept hitting the button you'd hit them more than once.

Man, that shit was awesome. I played that for days.

• ........and the music was dope

here some vocal tracks on the same themes

http://www.streetfighter-fr.com/ziqs/vocal/ken.ram

http://www.streetfighter-fr.com/ziqs/vocal/guile.ram

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    are we talking Street Fighter 2 Turbo? or is "super" something im missing? we played that Turbo shit.

• If you hit someone from close with a strong-dragon-punch and kept hitting the button you'd hit them more than once.

How was the buttons-combination to do that ? I never learnt

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "don't get to close to the fire, kids!"

• Man, I loved the combinations in that game. Come in with a jumping kick, sweep the leg on the landing, and a super-upper-cut to finish. That was my shit...

Sitting in the basement, listening to Primus and Ice-T/Body Count, playing Super Street Fighter on Sega. Man, being 14 wasn't all bad.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

If you hit someone from close with a strong-dragon-punch and kept hitting the button you'd hit them more than once.

forward, down, down/forward (diagonal) + punch.

• Ken all the way holmes. gotta have the invincible upper cut...

combos from streetfighter led the way for me to contemplate scratch combos later on...

jump medium punch-to medium squat kick-2 light jabs---to triple flaming uppercut to those muthas!

• Man, I loved the combinations in that game. Come in with a jumping kick, sweep the leg on the landing, and a super-upper-cut to finish. That was my shit...

Sitting in the basement, listening to Primus and Ice-T/Body Count, playing Super Street Fighter on Sega. Man, being 14 wasn't all bad.

haha, I just saw your post after I posted...

• If you hit someone from close with a strong-dragon-punch and kept hitting the button you'd hit them more than once.

forward, down, down/forward (diagonal) + punch.

• SONIC BOOM

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    We recently got a copy of this in my household

It has several versions of street fighter on there. And most of my flat mates are all superstreetfighterfreaks and regularly play into the early hours.

I never played it as a kid, so I mostly get my ass kicked. But what I've been diggin the most is, Super Ghouls N??? Ghosts. This rules my world right now. I finally managed to complete it the other day, just to be told thet I didn't have the braclet, so it sent me back to the beggining...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    real headz used this dude:

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    there was this cafe across from my highschool with a version of Street Fighter 2 that had a chip in it.

2) Launch unlimited "Haduken's" (like if you kept doing it, there could be more than one on the screen).
    3) "extremized" the speed of everything. Slow fireballs were very slow, fast were very fast.
    4) If you did a "Haduken" with blanka, he would crouch down to do the electricity but a sonic-boom would come out.
    6) If you hit someone from close with a strong-dragon-punch and kept hitting the button you'd hit them more than once.

i think thats called the rainbow edition or something

anyways, sagat was the real deal.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Not to be a gaming dork or anything (too late), but I gotta say that Super is probably my least favorite of the SFII series. It lost the speed of the previous one (Street Fighter II Turbo), added four relatively underpowered characters, and just seemed off in character balance overall. (Zangief became damn near useless, for starters, when he was a viable choice until then.)

They should've shelved Super and released Super Street Fighter II Turbo instead.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i think thats called the rainbow edition or something

anyways, sagat was the real deal.

We called it the "lightning" edition because you could make the screen go completely black on it too. you could also "handcuff" your opponent where he couldn't control his character it would only follow you really closely you finally put a hellfied combo on his ass that broke him free.

• Not to be a gaming dork or anything (too late), but I gotta say that Super is probably my least favorite of the SFII series. It lost the speed of the previous one (Street Fighter II Turbo), added four relatively underpowered characters, and just seemed off in character balance overall. (Zangief became damn near useless, for starters, when he was a viable choice until then.)

They should've shelved Super and released Super Street Fighter II Turbo instead.

right, I actually MEANT the original Street Fighter 2( maybe the Champion Edition)
    I edited the thread subject

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    The Rainbow edition (there were several of those kind of bootlegs going around, I think Rainbow was the most popular) was amazing in that some of the shit it introduced ended up being used in Super & Super Turbo, e.g., Chun-Li's Fireball.

Also, Guile was unstoppable in that one because you didn't have to charge special moves anymore.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Also, Guile was unstoppable in that one because you didn't have to charge special moves anymore.
    Hahaha! Yeah, he became like a mortal kombat character. Done, up, kick, BOOM!

• --------- down with eddie honda "ruuut ruoii"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'll never forget the day I finally got my SNES copy of Streetfighter II Turbo. Played it all Xmas day until my hands blistered. Plastered my fingers up and played on. Still got the indents on my thumbs to this day.