spring cleaning appreciation

handcorkscrewhandcorkscrew 255 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
This post is the polar opposite ofLast weekend I re-organized my room to give some more desk space and put all the wax on facing sides of the room. Desk facing the window. Fasted/detoxed, then started an almost-vegitarian diet. (can't give up cheese or fish) Cleared out about 150 12"s that were crap or I have on LP and a load of CD promos. With the proceeds bought one of those numark portables and the LA Carnival repress, and have enough left for a pricey "second chance" off from A.Pearson. A few days later I forgot what crap I sold, so it must not have been that good. A+++++++++ WOULD DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN!!!!!Here's to organizational head space!

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I think you're going through a phase of some kind.

• "I think you're going through a phase of some kind". [/b]

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    Geah dudie-I snatched like a hundred plus non esential peices [read bullshit[/b] ] out of my boxes. now it's a nice super concentrated batch of heat. I'm quitting smoking weed for the 99999999999999 time. maybe this time I'll make it over that 3rd day hump. ooooh, its a motherfucker! feel me?

• Options

"I think you're going through a phase of some kind". [/b]

K.

• I'm in a phase called the rest of my life.

Weed is cool, but too much makes a boy sluggish.

Plus if you toke infrequently, you get blitzed off a few puffs. Last time I got high I actually got some visuals (seeing stars). woooOooo

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    spring cleaning. I have 200 records in my sell pile.
    been trying to get them on ebay for the last 2 months.
    daunting.

Do any of you feel like getting rid of everything, but at the same time, want to keep everything? It's such a conflict for me. At the same time I just want to keep the 50 records I constantly go back to to listen to and sell the rest, I just as equally love the idea of having a good cache of music in case I ever need to reference it/sample it/etc. I do love a clean and healthy room though, and enjoy taking a day of the month to just clean everything that's accumulated, to have a healthy living space, but each month continuess to get slightly more difficult.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I made just over $100 selling $1 and $3 records this weekend, and have plans to sell more- and make more- this coming Saturday at a Flea Market. Then there's about 100 ebay-ready joints. I've also got about two crates of stuff that is going straight to an undisclosed Goodwill location for some lucky (well sorta) folks. I'm not fucking around. My apartment still looks like a record dump, but any extra floorspace is better than none.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    i think it's cool how you did this in conjuction with your detox. what did you detox from? i'm assuming diet related.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Plus if you toke infrequently, you get blitzed off a few puffs. Last time I got high I actually got some visuals (seeing stars). woooOooo

word the fuck up to this. I rarely smoke these days, so when I do I get super duper high. So high I can't even sleep, seeing colored tessellations on the back of my eyelids and shit, sounds looping over and over in my head, and a near total dissociation from reality. A+++ highly recommended, would use again.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

word the fuck up to this. I rarely smoke these days, so when I do I get super duper high. So high I can't even sleep, seeing colored tessellations on the back of my eyelids and shit, sounds looping over and over in my head, and a near total dissociation from reality. A+++ highly recommended, would use again.

it's good being a 2-3x a month toker. no more, no less. I've conceptualized many an album with a few one hit wonders.