ebay: dealing with asian guys whose english is min

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
min= minimal.here is the story--i have been in correspondence trying to tell this one guy that i have sent his lps off a long time ago (like almost 2 months ago). he had sent some e-mails saying that he had not recieved his records yet.he keeps writing to me with another ebay user name. but it appears to be him and both of his ebay names are spotless with great feedback--so i don't think he is trying to be sketchy on purpose. he just doesn't understand english.for instance, when i try to inquire if he had a change of address or a different address with the other registered ebay user name he just writes back, "thanks for your kindness. i want 2 lps more than money. please to send to:..."

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    question is: have any of you had similar experiences on ebay? and how did you approach it? suggestions???

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Do you have friends who can help you communicate with the winning bidder in his language? Does this person have any english? Does he understand your emails? I've had friends write emails for me in Japanese when ordering records from Japan & the seller didn't know english.

• On a recent auction, won by a Japanese bidder, I had some random third party agent pay for the record, but it was legit.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    There was a brief period around 2003 where I had a lot of Japanese collectors buying random, lousy Quebec records. Aside from being lucrative, this shortlived mania for Quebecois cultural detritus resulted in dozens of totally surreal correpsondances, the best of which were requests for me to write totally non-sensical messages on the mailer. One guy wanted me to write a message to his mother along with a cell phone number. I'm sure the postal workers had seen worse, but it was really bizarre.

• On a recent auction, won by a Japanese bidder, I had some random third party agent pay for the record, but it was legit.

is that the guy who re-named you Sonathan or was that someone else?

is that the guy who re-named you Sonathan or was that someone else?

Nah, haha that was someone else.