OG Czec - Tyrone Thomas- Has Arrived LP

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Just not sure about this one since it has white card on the inside of the cover.It's the cover with 'Tyrone Thomas & The whole darn family' in red along the top, and 'Has Arrived' writte in the bottom right-hand corner on the cover. pressed on yellow label Soul International records.Runout groove: SIR-SLP-110-A D 22670 JS.XTALPlease to confirmThanksK.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Dog or no dog?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    No dog

Just has them sitting in brown couches on the front

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    brown cover wasnt reissued, so you have an original

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks Mack!

On a related note, what's with the fucking congas over this version of 'seven minutes of funk'? Anyone else think that shit makes the track sound terrible?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i like that version better.

• That version is wack dude! there are two versions kinetic. One with the cover of the band standing in front of a car and one with the chairs and an awesome rug that someone on this board used to have (?). I was mega dissapointed the first time I found the conga version.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    one with the chairs and an awesome rug that someone on this board used to have (?). I was mega dissapointed the first time I found the conga version.
    Is this the cover where they're wearing white suits? I think I saw that on Fusion's wall in an old copy of Big Daddy.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    That version is wack dude! there are two versions kinetic. One with the cover of the band standing in front of a car and one with the chairs and an awesome rug that someone on this board used to have (?). I was mega dissapointed the first time I found the conga version.
    i said, "I[/b] like that version better." not, "johnny likes that version better."

that was my hallway carpet. you saw it when you dropped off the turntables.

• That version is wack dude! there are two versions kinetic. One with the cover of the band standing in front of a car and one with the chairs and an awesome rug that someone on this board used to have (?). I was mega dissapointed the first time I found the conga version.
    i said, "
    I[/b] like that version better." not, "johnny likes that version better."

that was my hallway carpet. you saw it when you dropped off the turntables.

OK yeah it all becomes clear to me now...

and yeah, I[/b] think that version's wacksauce.

• Some neat info about the album "Has Arrived" by The Whole Darn Family

- Giz the trumpet player told me and my buddy that the album was made to help raise money to pay off some "Gangster dudes" that August Moon owed money to. The members of the band got no money out of it because of August Moon and the way he delt with the band. Giz is super cool and is in a new band called Claxton Brown. They play here in Richmond, VA.