High School VS. College (NRR)

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
ive heard people mention high school as being the time of their life, but usually people say college. it was high school for me though. way more care free, didnt worry about grades, was able to do whatever the fuck i wanted without regretting it. now im all trying to get good grades, take crazy hard classes and exams, and find a real job.entertaining stories welcome.

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I'm currently in college too, so fucking sick of school. I'm not a very good student, I get awful grades and I don't know how I am still in enrolled. But, I can't complain, I should consider myself lucky I guess. ha

I think I can say college has been the time of my life though, really enjoying not being such a youngin anymore.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Everything for me was post high school/college. I actually went to school to study...! Ha! So on top of being a record nerd I guess I was kind of school nerd too... WTF was I thinking...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    High school sucked ass with a Krazy Straw. College was pretty cool and educational in a great many ways. Most of my stories from high-school start with, "So this fucking J. Crew hippie douchebag was trying to start shit with me...." Most of my stories from college start with, "Man, when this shit went down, I was dying laughing. Check this out...."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    life as a post-schooling adult has been the most fun so far.
    if pressed, i'd have to say university as that's where i got into radio and eventually dj'ing out. but over all, i'd say neither.

sorry to throw off your question.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i've been in college since 1995, albeit community college. high school was way better, mostly because everyone was doing drugs and sleeping with one another... but i've also heard that these same behaviors run equally, if not more rampant in a collegiate environ. college is most likely not being supplimented by living in your parent's basement, so again that's a plus. back to sex, being 29yrs old, it's not a good look trolling the local high school for trim, while in college, it is encouraged. this is going nowhere.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

this is the secret correct answer that i have not yet been able to experience.

so what do i win?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

so what do i win?

YAY

so what do i win?

YAY

uh-huh - that's about how i felt when i graduated.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

so what do i win?

YAY

uh-huh - that's about how i felt when i graduated.

what was your major, and are you using it?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

• Options
    If it was bartending, then defo "Yes"!

K.

• girgir 329 Posts
    i'm about to graduate from college and still can't get over how much people complain when they are expected to do college level work, whether in reading or writing papers.

there's been a lot of times where i feel like i'm still in high school.

• High School sucked, but not in an interesting way...just an 'I'm 17, confused, awkward, and ignorant, and everything sucks'.

I loved college, and thrived as a college student. If it is a comparison, college by far.

The secret is, though, that after a couple years of doubting it was possible, I enjoy life as an adult even more. The hard work and things I learned in college really have made me who I am and gotten me some great opportunities. Life can get a lot better than even college, which I never would have believed when I had just graduated.

• College was WAY better for me. Not as much pressure to fit in as in H.S. - in college, you just kinda found people you had something in common with and rolled with that. And even those I DIDN'T have much common ground with were more tolerable. I used to say that college was like New York City (a lot of diverse, exciting experiences) while high school was like Mayberry (a small town where you were supposed to look, talk and act like everybody else - OR else). In a case like this, New York's my home! (So to speak.)

BUT...I agree with this statement far more than anything: