fucking gmail runs like a terd.

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
the layout and features are nice. i don't get the am't of spam that my yahoo gets--but i've had that yahoo for almost 8 years. i'm sure the spam will come to my gmaill in time.but gmail just does not work! fucking annoying as hell, too.always loading. after anything. everywhere...work and home! FUCK GMAIL.

Comments

• Switch to the HTML version if you don't like the loading. Sometime it runs pretty slow but I need a high level of organization which Gmail gives me and others don't. Plus Gmail is testing a new services that will let you use their layout with your own domain names.

• I haven't had any problems....

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    the layout and features are nice. i don't get the am't of spam that my yahoo gets--but i've had that yahoo for almost 8 years. i'm sure the spam will come to my gmaill in time.

but gmail just does not work! fucking annoying as hell, too.

always loading. after anything. everywhere...work and home!

FUCK GMAIL.

What browser are you running?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I get like 40-50 pieces of spam per day in my
    G-Mail account - but it is my secondary "public" address,
    that I have up on my blog, and use for you-send-it's, etc...

Other than that, it works fine...I don't really dig the layout tho.

• i've been enjoying gmail ever since i made the switch from yahoo, and this new chat feature with the quick contacts right there on the same page as your mail is cool - plus, it allows you to save your chats too.

not that i'm a gmail employee, or anything.

• gmail has been nice to me so far. i never get any spam, but i keep a close eye on where i post my e-mail address.
    the gmail notifier client has been crashing safari too often for me to keep it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i don't have a gmail account but i have not received any unsolicited spam mail to my yahoo account in the three or so years i've used this

• Just out of curiosity and ignorance, what is Gmail?

• ^^Invite only Google mail hosting site.
    Horrible design. Still in Beta mode I think.

I have had no spam nor probs. I rarely use it.

• Oh

Thanks for helping a brother out. I was expecting some smart ass answer from someone.

• ^^Invite only Google mail hosting site.

I think it's past the beta stage but they're still trying out new features etc.

I just set up a gmail account this week. Takes some getting used to, but now that i see what it can do, it's really useful.

I like the nerdish aspects of it, like being able to see emails as "conversations" sort of like the threads in a messageboard. Regular web mail is too linear -- it's hard to find all the related messages if you've been going back and forth with someone. Gmail groups those emails together so you can see the whole sequence of emails between you and someone else.

• I thinks gmail fucking rocks the mail hosting site world. It's labelling system is unique, the layout is ideal, the interface idiot-proof... and I like the color scheme

Hotmail is not even worthy of being called shitty, yahoo is decent but lacks the new chat capabilities of google and the labelling system.

Gmail is so superior in fact, that some losers who have no contacts with any gmail users willing to invite them are being suckered into paying for a FREE service.

"Ya, right!" u say, well peep it----> Ebay
    the scam

Gmail is

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ^^Invite only Google mail hosting site.

I think it's past the beta stage but they're still trying out new features etc.

judging from the little "beta" just under the Gmail logo, I'd wager you're wrong on that one. haha

• I HEARD THAT YOU HAVE TO BE INVITED TO USE GMAIL.

IS THIS TRUE?

IF SO THATS AS BOTTY AS MY ASS TAKKING A DUMP.

LATER.

AP

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    I HEARD THAT YOU HAVE TO BE INVITED TO USE GMAIL.

IS THIS TRUE?

IF SO THATS AS BOTTY AS MY ASS TAKKING A DUMP.

LATER.

AP

dude I have 100 invites left. you can have like fifty.

gmail takes the cake, though. I challenge all you haters to cough up a better alternative that is web-accessible, free, and easily-mapped to a mail app.

• I like the nerdish aspects of it, like being able to see emails as "conversations" sort of like the threads in a messageboard.

This is the single best reason to use Gmail.

• Gmail is so superior in fact, that some losers who have no contacts with any gmail users willing to invite them are being suckered into paying for a FREE service.

Gmail invites were going for about $80 each on Ebay when it first showed up. Now they go for pennies if they go for anything at all. I have tons of invites. Anyone want one PM me.