cd tracking software

8bits8bits 146 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I hate it when i but a couple of hours in a mix cd that i am finally happy with and when i try to put individual tracks on it two things happen. One, i get two seconds of delay on each track. Two, it doesn't track and people are stuck listening to a mix cd that is 54 min. long with no option to skip around. If any one have any recommendations plz post back. thx......

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    cd architect for win.

gangsta! I'm so sad right now. I recc'd a windows app.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    what about a Mac app?

what about a Mac app?

I honestly don't know...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Ahead Nero for PC does it, but any higher end burning software should let you choose amount of pause for all tracks except the first, which must have 2 second pause before. Although i assume this is true for higher end burning programs for mac (toast or jam, etc), i know apple software like itunes usually makes these kinds of decisions for you...

Although i assume this is true for higher end burning programs for mac (toast or jam, etc

Nah, those don't split up a single track like cd architect does.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    NAh.. I use nero and i have used the option of inserting indexs at the cuting point and still the delay. What i was doing at one point was spilting the hole set in wavelab and then individualy inserting them in nero and clicking the option of no pauses on each track.

• I did it in the past with a combination of things.

I used Acid to put in markers for where I want the tracks to start & end, then render as a single wav while exporting the markers at the same time (project markers) - Then use Ahead Nero to add the index points at where all the markers were - this way it's real accurate & if you specify a 0 second gap (except the first track as it won't let you - you can render the whole disk & you don't get any nasty clicks between tracks, like you might if you just render seperate tracks & specify a 0 second gap.

Hope this helps.

Alex

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    NAh.. I use nero and i have used the option of inserting indexs at the cuting point and still the delay. What i was doing at one point was spilting the hole set in wavelab and then individualy inserting them in nero and clicking the option of no pauses on each track.

Nero is your friend. You do the indexs thing and then the individual tracks appear. Select all of them and double click. Put "0" in "Pause". It will tell you that it can be done for the first track. You just go . Done.

• for mac: I use audacity to mark the tracks, export the markers & then burn in toast (with no track pause) - thats get yer mix cd with tracking innit.

for mac: I use audacity to mark the tracks, export the markers & then burn in toast (with no track pause) - thats get yer mix cd with tracking innit.

Now why didn't I think of that?

• For the Mac I use Roxio Peak and then a program called Jam (that works with Toast). Record the mix into Peak, so it comes out as one long waveform, then set a marker at each point that you want a track ident. Then you can control click to highlight the section between each marker, when this is highlighted, select an option from one of the menu's that reads 'Set Region' or something like that. Do that for each track, then select save as a 'Jam Image'. Drag that file into Jam, then burn and hey presto nice tight seamless trackmarked mix CD. I find it works much better than just using Toast direct.

Roxio Peak? I ain't hearda that.

Bias Peak, that one I know and have, but don't like. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Nero is your friend. You do the indexs thing and then the individual tracks appear. Select all of them and double click. Put "0" in "Pause". It will tell you that it can be done for the first track. You just go . Done.

This is what I meant, I dont know why you would still be getting pauses if you split the track up in nero and set the pauses to 0. This has worked for me in the two most recent versions of nero, except there may be a new one that just came out...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    for mac: I use audacity to mark the tracks, export the markers & then burn in toast (with no track pause) - thats get yer mix cd with tracking innit.
    Thanks bennyboy...I'm assuming this will work with NERO toast?

• easiest way to add track is to use CD Architect, you can add markers without adding a pause. The nero method works but tkaes too long.

• Roxio Peak? I ain't hearda that.

Bias Peak, that one I know and have, but don't like. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant.

Yeah Bias is the one, Roxio make Toast and Jam. I've found it pretty easy to work with, but don't have enough experience working with anything else to compare really.

• wavepad hommie.

and oh yeah...