Washington and Baltimore peoples!Please read this!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Depending a number of factors - I may come down in April to see the Ghostface show(s) - he will not be coming to Canada anytime soon due to border issues apparently and there is no NYC date so far.These are the venues- which do you recommend? I've been to the 930, but many years ago and don't know how it compares to Sonar.April 10 WASHINGTON, DC (930 CLUB)April 11 BALTIMORE, MD (SONAR)What is the best way to get advance tickets for these places?Where should I stay? I have family in both places - but I'd have no way to get out the suburbs.Would any of you go?Thanks a lot.

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Depending a number of factors - I may come down in April to see the Ghostface show(s) - he will not be coming to Canada anytime soon due to border issues apparently and there is no NYC date so far.

These are the venues- which do you recommend? I've been to the 930, but many years ago and don't know how it compares to Sonar.
    April 10 WASHINGTON, DC (930 CLUB)
    April 11 BALTIMORE, MD (SONAR)

What is the best way to get advance tickets for these places?

Where should I stay? I have family in both places - but I'd have no way to get out the suburbs.

Would any of you go?

Thanks a lot.

i usually hit sonar whenever i'm back home..i'm fairly certain you can buy advance from their ticket window. i've got a buddy who holds down a residency who may know more. depending on where you're staying in the MD burbs, you can catch a train to downtown.

• I just saw Ghost at Sonar last time and the 9:30 show last week. I'd say go to Sonar, its a more intimate setting and they seem more enthusiastic in Baltimore.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I can speak for the 930 Club; it's a great place to see live music. Nice sound, 3 bars in total, and lots of different angles to see the stage (I prefer the less-cramped upstairs). While people wax nostalgic for the old 930, I think they did a great job redesigning the new one. The entire Wu-Tang family performed last week, and it was one of the better rap concerts I've been to.

If you're going to stay in the 'burbs, you can still make it to show if you're near a Metro (the DC subway) stop. You can check the website to see how late they're running.

As for getting tickets ahead of time, I think the only option online is to go through Tickets.com. The service charge is enormous (even bigger than Ticketmaster - something like $8/ticket), but that's the only way besides physically going to the 930 ticket office to purchase them.

I've heard good things about Sonar (as stated above), so I don't think you can go wrong at either venue.

• April 11 BALTIMORE, MD (SONAR)

What is the best way to get advance tickets for these places?

According to Sonar's site, tickets for this show go on sale tomorrow (check the calendar):

http://www.sonarbaltimore.com/

A lot of the shows have a "buy now" option through ticketmaster--I'd check back tomorrow and see if they posted a link to TM; otherwise, it's Record and Tape Traders in-store and day-of purchases.

I'm going to try and make this show...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    thanks a lot everyone - here and who PMed. i'm going to buy a Baltimore ticket to be safe.

i'll write again sooner to the date and see what folks are saying about going and possibly meeting up.