Murder at SF Nightclub

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
This is really messed up:Man Shot to Death in Crowded ClubIt happened Saturday at 3:30 am at one of the city's biggest clubs. And who was playing when this happened? No, not a hip-hop DJ, but this guy:Paul Van Dyk. Shit is wild. The last time I heard of a murder in an SF nightclub was about 5 years ago at Sound Factory, when a few people were stabbed. (I'd played there the night before.)

Comments

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    before i even opened the link, i knew it had to be 1015. that place has always been sketchy.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ravers rocking stop snitchin shirts.

• i heard about that this morning. so crazy, i thought 1015 was NUTS about security (frisking/metal detector style) especially after the big ecstacy bust there years back. isn't this one of those places that has like 20 guys dressed in black with headsets on, eyeballing everyone at the door and in the crowd?

• NO MORE HYPHY.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The last time I heard of a murder in an SF nightclub was about 5 years ago at Sound Factory, when a few people were stabbed. (I'd played there the night before.)

Wasn't there that shooting at the Justice League a few years back?

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Wasn't there that shooting at the Justice League a few years back?

Yes, a guy was shot and killed. It was San Quinn's release party. San Quinn had already performed and Andre Nickatina was going on next. T.D. was playing some classic Bay shit. We were having a good time and then--*clack clack*

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    i heard about that this morning. so crazy, i thought 1015 was NUTS about security (frisking/metal detector style) especially after the big ecstacy bust there years back. isn't this one of those places that has like 20 guys dressed in black with headsets on, eyeballing everyone at the door and in the crowd?

One time those 1015 goons, after making me return to my car to ditch the teeniest of tiny Swiss Army knife I used to keep on my keychain, requested that my wife drip some of the eyedrops that were in her purse into her eye to prove that it wasn't some sort of illicit substance. As if they cared that we were both already well gone off of mushroom tea.

• NO MORE HOUSE.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    NO MORE HOUSE TRANCE.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    All I can say is thank goodness Donovan is OK. Love live sophisticated, deep house.

Actually, that joke is in poor taste. My best wishes to everyone affected by this, including Donovan and his kooky friends.