Rackord Shops in Miami...What it do?

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
peas y'all. down here in plastic boobie land for some r&r (records and relaxation) and am interested to hit up some dope rackord stores in he area. any suggestions would be appreciated.hollur.

Comments

• RezRez 164 Posts
    peas y'all.

down here in plastic boobie land for some r&r (records and relaxation) and am interested to hit up some dope rackord stores in he area. any suggestions would be appreciated.

hollur.

Stay outta Bananas - sucks like a dawgie bow wow - Doug now has more price guides than records...

It's official...

MRez

• reskresk 391 Posts
    the only two record stores that are still in existance in miami-dade are Yesterday and Today (on bird rd around SW 92nd ave) and bluenote. Y&T isnt known for having too much heat, they got decent common records i guess, owner is cool, but nothing to get your hopes up about. Bluenote is off of 163rd and NE 15th ave, accross the street from the mall (does the mall still exist anymore?). Bob the owner knows his stuff, dude gets some serious heat but you wont see it at the store, but on his ebay auctions. Both these stores i used to really only hit up when i was working in the area, Bluenote is in north miami beach and Y&T is in/around westchester (i used to work in coral gables so not too out the way). Oh yeah, theres also sweat records that opened like over the summer i believe on NE 2nd and north of downtown (but south of the design district), but they have like a couple crates of records, its a hipster type spot i guess if that describes it at all. I havent been diggin in miami since i moved back to tallahassee though in july.

Other than that, you gotta hit dealers, thrift stores, flea markets, and broward county. I think you missed the record show in broward like a week or two ago. Can never go wrong at kelley's on saturdays, i havent checked him since he moved spots like in july though (i dont have a clue where he moved).

Bananas is a good 3.5-4 hours away, and you have pray that the records you pulled arent on gemm.com/musicstack.com/price guide (in that order) to pay a reasonable price (ie private lps).

• so only two spots in the miami area? damn, you would think there would be a lot more stores for all the music heads here.

thanks for the suggestions fellas. much appreciated.

easy.

• Stores in miami are a waste of time.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Can never go wrong at kelley's on saturdays, i havent checked him since he moved spots like in july though (i dont have a clue where he moved).

He did'nt move. After all these years dude is still in the same spot selling quality records.

Kidgusto-if you're still in town & need some info or #'s in the area (miami/broward) pm me.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Stores in miami are a waste of time.

• resk
    Only 2 vinyl stores in Miami. Y&T & Blue Note, Evan at Yesterday & Today has decent latin section, check out 12" new arrivals at Blue Note for record pool promos.
    Uncle Sams in SoBe is re-issue only, but good if you're into trance, I guess...

• Sweat records is in the backroom at churchill's hideaway. It's a hipster spot - but Lauren really knows her stuff.

If you're looking for rare groove - go straight to blue note. It may not be in the store, but they have the real shit - just be prepared to pay for it.