My lurking days are over....

tjamestjames 156 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Having lurked around SOULSTRUT for the past few months I figured it was time to introduce myself, become involved, contribute etc. I'm an artist (clay), dj and record collector. My most notable recent finds are Harvey Averne's "Brotherhood" and Eddie Benitez's "Essence of life", both mint original copies found in a dollar-bin in Florida. Also, a free Osibissa LP - free (and decent) is good!tjames

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    welcome!

• Howdy!

• Welcome wholeheartedly!

As an ex-lurker you probably know he unspoken etiquette by now. Thou shalt not take withouth giveth. Thou shalt not messeth with the Big Dudes or sayeth their names in vain.

• welcome!

And what part of Florida are you at? Fellow 'Strutter (and my good friend) ChaseCrusher is somewhere outside of Orlando. The bastard pulled Baby Huey's Living Legend for $2 at an Orlando record show this morning. He also pulled United States Of America, US 69 and some Los Angeles Negros LP's.

Herm

• tjamestjames 156 Posts

Thanks for the welcome, mighty decent of you all. My finds were in Orlando - I was there on a trip. Myself I dig in Canada.

tjames

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Welcome.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    WHATS UP!

• Hi.
    You model & sculpt clay? Cool.
    Velkommen to the SS Arts & Crafts site.

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    I'm a potter, my work as of late has combined asain bottle/ vase forms and salt-firing (traditional german technique).

• Options

Thanks for the welcome, mighty decent of you all. My finds were in Orlando - I was there on a trip. Myself I dig in Canada.

tjames

Ou est tu?

K.

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    i will now proceed to hijack this thread temporarily to introduce myself
    i have been lurking for a while, i am honestly not incredibly knowledgeable in
    rare funk adn most of the music you all discuss here but i have been bboying and dancing
    for a long time and follow a lot of old breaks and funk. i am currently in boston chillin

• B-boys are most welcome.
    Yay, the 4 elements... Ha!

Pay attention to DCastillo & Delay's mix posts. They make some wicked mixes for the circle...