NBA Top 60 @ 60

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Ten years ago the NBA announced their Top 50 Players of all-time....today the local Dallas Morning News added the 10 players listed below......followed by some that just missed it.Ten players added to NBA All-Time Top 60Tim DuncanKobe BryantDominique WilkinsAllen IversonReggie MillerBob McAdooAlex EnglishJason KiddKevin GarnettBob LanierJust missed out...Steve NashWalt BellamyLebron JamesBernard KingDirk NowitzkiTracy McGradyChris MullinArtis GilmoreRay AllenYao MingMy comments.....Even considering Yao at this point is a joke.....Jason Kidd can't shoot so I'd probably replace him with Ray Allen or Steve Nash.....Bob McAdoo and Bob Lanier should have been in the original Top 50 instead of Scottie Pippen and Charles Barkley.Let's hear your comments?????

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My man Reggie Miller iz most definitely on the list. Steve Nash has to take his team deeper into the playoffs for him to hit the

Dominque should be in the HALL.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the TOP 50 OF ALL-TIME was ridiculous to begin with. I mean what was the criteria? individual talent? how many championships you've won? how important you were to the team? how dominant you were in your time?

there's so many things to consider and so many variables, that it's damn near impossible to gauge how "good" a player is.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    the TOP 50 OF ALL-TIME was ridiculous to begin with. I mean what was the criteria? individual talent? how many championships you've won? how important you were to the team? how dominant you were in your time?

there's so many things to consider and so many variables, that it's damn near impossible to gauge how "good" a player is.

I hear ya......kinda like the Hall Of Fame which leaves alot to be desired in all sports.

Still it's good to bullshit about around the water cooler or local Pub

In the last 40 years only three Guards have been MVP
    Magic
    AI
    Nash

I hear ya......kinda like the Hall Of Fame which leaves alot to be desired in all sports.

Still it's good to bullshit about around the water cooler or local Pub

Magic
    AI
    Nash

true.

Nash is VERY good, if a little more unorthodox than Stockton.

If KG had good teammates, he'd be in the top 50, no doubt. one of the most admirable players to ever play the game.

If getting close to a title is criteria, then yes these players wouldn't make it, but then again, you have plenty of good players that were merely there at the right time.

'course even if you haven't won a ring, there's no denying the talent and IMPACT that players like Charles Barkley made during his era.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Barkely definitely deserved to be on the top 50 list. Pippen I could take or leave however.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pippen I could take or leave however.

Number 2 man on a dynasty =

• In the last 40 years only three Guards have been MVP
    Magic
    AI
    Nash

Well, uhh... I'm not sure but I think some guy named Jordan might've won one or two... I could be wrong, though.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Magic
    AI
    Nash

Well, uhh... I'm not sure but I think some guy named Jordan might've won one or two... I could be wrong, though.

Only 5......d'oh

• In the last 40 years only three Guards have been MVP
    Magic
    AI
    Nash

three point guards. and if i'm not mistaken AI was playing shooting guard next to eric snow when he won it.

Pippen I could take or leave however.

Number 2 man on a dynasty =

SCOTTIE! (in hoarse voice) he always came through in the clutch, and i think that is what seperates good from great.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Scottie Pippen was probably one of the five best perimeter defenders to ever play the game, totally insane wing span, always drew the toughest guys. Even in his last years here in PDX, he had incredible game. I think Barkley was a much better player than Lanier.

• SCOTTIE! (in hoarse voice) he always came through in the clutch, and i think that is what seperates good from great.

i will never consider pippen one of the greatest after he refused to come back out on the court when phil drew up that play for kukoc to take the last shot in a game the year after jordan retired. just like i will forever consider randy moss a bitch for batting that ball down last year (i think it was last year) rather than take a hit over the middle.

Kind of beside the point but I still can't believe Kukoc made that fucking shot. Bad memories for this Knicks fan.