Hip Hop 12"s for Dummies???

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I just bought a shitload of mid/late-90's hip hop 12"s, key-tar soul, and disco singles for less than the price of the clean paper inner sleeves they have. I seriously have no idea what they are. Many have "Dis", "Dat", "Ho's", "gangtsa", "lil", etc in the titles. Is there anyone with lots of patience that could tell me what on earth I can do with them? Listening to them is not an option.Seriously. help.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    list

• Options
    You're infringing on a trademark with this thread and are going to get sued by Wiley Publishing. You and Ayres can share a cell.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    list

there are at least 300 of them

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I just bought a shitload of mid/late-90's hip hop 12"s, key-tar soul, and disco singles for less than the price of the clean paper inner sleeves they have. I seriously have no idea what they are. Many have "Dis", "Dat", "Ho's", "gangtsa", "lil", etc in the titles. Is there anyone with lots of patience that could tell me what on earth I can do with them? Listening to them is not an option.

Seriously. help.
    ohhhh yeah...hip-hop eh? dying art. You might as well give those to me...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

What labels are they on - No Limit, Fondle 'Em?

peace

h

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    any death row?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that era has sooooooo much garbage. not saying what you have consists of garbage, but it prolly does.

• definitely list some labels here. maybe try to break the crates down by label, as most of the artists will be too obscure to remember and sort. then you can go "theres 10 on Crap-A-Lot Records, 25 on Late-Nineteez Poop Records.." etc. Then collective Strut knowledge will help you whittle it down to the better stuff.

• Just bring them all down to SF next weekend.

And um, page me?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Road trip - Crink I'm only hours away!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Stack them in categories that seem similar (label, "look of label", year, who knows, get creative) and take a picture?

And give some to me. Will trade for folkways 10"