Serato 1.5 crates question

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I'm ready to try this out (and I renamed the 1.4 exe, so I'm good there), but will it f up my crates? It looks like, on their forum, it initially would, but maybe they changed that?Hi, Cashless!

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Just copy your .ScratchLive folder to somewhere safe and install 1.5.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm ready to try this out (and I renamed the 1.4 exe, so I'm good there), but will it f up my crates? It looks like, on their forum, it initially would, but maybe they changed that?

Hi, Cashless!

yeah, the latest beta of 1.5 can use 1.4 and before crates so you're go to go.

I'm having some popping issues with it, but otherwise, it's hot

• But what was Brian referencing (about storing 1.4 crates in a safe place)?

But what was Brian referencing (about storing 1.4 crates in a safe place)?

You don't have to store 1.4 crates in a "safe" place. I dunno what he's talking about.

Just copy your .ScratchLive folder to somewhere safe and install 1.5.

I think you might mean the app itself so that 1.5 doesn't erase it by writing on top of it, no? If so, that's not what hogg is talking about.

• Ah, I misunderstood the tiki god.

BTW: DJ Revolution has taken Serato to new levels. And he must've been on 1.5, 'cause he had horizontal waveforms.

Ah, I misunderstood the tiki god.

BTW: DJ Revolution has taken Serato to new levels. And he must've been on 1.5, 'cause he had horizontal waveforms.

like what?

horizontal, I ain't feeling it

• cascas 1,484 Posts

please to splain for the old school non mp3 headz.
    i pay for clarity!

• Ah, I misunderstood the tiki god.

i pay for clarity!

I was just 'splainin' this Cosmo via IM.

He played "Go" by common as his first song, but was named something like "common - go - left" meaning that he wanted to load it on the left deck--for scratching--and he had parts of the acapella at the beginning to cut up. And after the second hook, the vocals disappeared, so on the other deck, he cut in an acapella of Jay Z "Encore." He was doing shit like that all night.

I get the feeling that, if I got a copy of his hard drive, I wouldn't even know what to do with the files. He's not just ripping straight 12"s, for the most part. Although I'm sure he has plenty of those, too.

i pay for clarity!

I was just 'splainin' this Cosmo via IM.

He played "Go" by common as his first song, but was named something like "common - go - left" meaning that he wanted to load it on the left deck--for scratching--and he had parts of the acapella at the beginning to cut up. And after the second hook, the vocals disappeared, so on the other deck, he cut in an acapella of Jay Z "Encore." He was doing shit like that all night.

I get the feeling that, if I got a copy of his hard drive, I wouldn't even know what to do with the files. He's not just ripping straight 12"s, for the most part. Although I'm sure he has plenty of those, too.

Yeah, I been meaning to do re-edits kinda like that, but no time on the hands man.

• But what was Brian referencing (about storing 1.4 crates in a safe place)?

You don't have to store 1.4 crates in a "safe" place. I dunno what he's talking about.

yeah, that's kind of a trick warning. when you open up 1.5beta, it updates your 1.4 cratefiles to a new file format (ending in ".crate"), then places the original 1.4 cratefiles into a folder called 'legacyfiles'. The trick is, after you have opened 1.5beta, you have to go in and move the original 1.4 cratefiles (they end in ".slc") back into the main SratchLIVE folder so that your crates will show up when you open 1.4 again on Mac. So it's kinda a pain, but you don't lose anything as SSL puts your crates in a safe place for you. You have to do this any time you open 1.5beta.