rep your crazy ass weather

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
ok, Memphis..Thursday Night(10 PM) it was 73(goin by the thermometer in the ride)...tornado watch(keep in mind 6 days earlier it snowed)...at 2AM the same night...39 degrees...Friday, Ice starts falling (shit, we coulda had an Ice Tornado, I know they dont and cant exsist, but the thought crossed my mind) Saturday morning 23 degrees...skating rink outside...last night 16 degrees and more ice comin'...back in the 50s next week. the fuck?

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Dude, I have to ask, how do you deal w/ shit like tornadoe watches? That would drive me out of my mind?

Do they just not occur enough where there are people to witness them? Are you just used to it?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    We had freezing rain, wind, snow & more freezing rain...then the power went out & there was no heat. No heat & - 20 degrees =

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Shorts and a T-Shirt on Monday ('bout 75 or so) and then come Friday it was gonna snow on Mount Tam. I realize that ain't no -20 shit...but that is quite a spectrum non? -20? Where you at?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    sunny w/ 4 degrees this morning

• Dude, I have to ask, how do you deal w/ shit like tornadoe watches? That would drive me out of my mind?

Do they just not occur enough where there are people to witness them? Are you just used to it?

they happen a lot in the south and midwest..in Texas we had them all the goddamn time..and the tornados do happen so much that it is kinda of a thing, then shit happens like one going down your street(Fort Worth 2000) that makes you pay attention and then again you become agian and then another one almost clips your ass. I am in a stage since I live in a below ground level warehouse at the moment, but as soon as I am in a regular house again, I am sure I will be more vigilant.

• but as soon as I am in a regular house again, I am sure I will be more vigilant.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Dude, I have to ask, how do you deal w/ shit like tornadoe watches? That would drive me out of my mind?

they happen a lot in the south and midwest..in Texas we had them all the goddamn time..and the tornados do happen so much that it is kinda of a thing, then shit happens like one going down your street(Fort Worth 2000) that makes you pay attention and then again you become agian and then another one almost clips your ass. I am in a stage since I live in a below ground level warehouse at the moment, but as soon as I am in a regular house again, I am sure I will be more vigilant.

When i was driving cross country, just as i crossed the line to dallas, i look at the sky and i swear its the apocalypse or some shit. I pulled into the first rest stop and parked. Got out and asked this old guy if this happened alot? Basicly he was like even though i was like I watched a huge fuckin branch get ripped off this tree and land like 2 feet from my car. Then dude gave me a dont mess with texas sticker and I was on my way.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

When i was driving cross country, just as i crossed the line to dallas, i look at the sky and i swear its the apocalypse or some shit. I pulled into the first rest stop and parked. Got out and asked this old guy if this happened alot? Basicly he was like even though i was like I watched a huge fuckin branch get ripped off this tree and land like 2 feet from my car. Then dude gave me a dont mess with texas sticker and I was on my way.

Same deal for me, but in Kansas. What was truly frightening was the locals were trying to comfort my bawling girlfriend with the fact that whatever happens, it is Jesus' will.

Not exactly what she wanted to hear.

Those storms are massive in the country of "the big sky".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    First week I moved to Texas from NY there was a "Tornado Warning" on the TV...being a dumbass city boy I used the logic that "The warning's on my TV, the Tornado must be coming to my house"....sat up all night watching out the window for it.....26 years later I stiil haven't seen one in person....have seen the aftermath of a few though and it can be pretty scary!!

About 10 years ago in Jarrell which is just north of Austin they had one that literally peeled the asphalt highway up off the ground!!

• friday night in minneapolis was -16 without the windchill.