Hustle and Flow

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
just peeping this for the first time.feeling how Terrence Howard calls everyone "mayne," even the girls.otherwise this is sort of a terd movie.the DJ qualls charcter is particularly ridiculous.

Comments

• You think so? I just saw this too and I thought it was really good.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Yes i agree - overall a terd... there were some parts I liked (when dude fucked up Luda and the way dude talked was cool but a couple times I couldn't understand a cotdamn thing he was sayin). Some other parts I thought were funny like "is a pig's pussy pork" had me rollin! The movie had potential but I don't know - maybe the ending is what I didn't like... I don't always like the typical ending - fairytale like a mutha fucka...

• Plaese to share reasons why ya'll thought this was terdy other than the, uh.. happy ending.

I thought the performances were solid enough..

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Plaese to share reasons why ya'll thought this was terdy other than the, uh.. happy ending.

I thought the performances were solid enough..

"disconnection from the streets"

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the DJ qualls charcter is particularly ridiculous.

we may have to throw down over this statement.

DJ Qualls is a golden god

• the DJ qualls charcter is particularly ridiculous.

we may have to throw down over this statement.

DJ Qualls is a golden god

you may be joking.

however, actually, now that I reflect a bit on his character, it wasn't all that preposterous.

the skinny white record nerd schooling the clueless ghetto black guys on the roots of Memphis music is actually (sadly) sort of on point.

for the record I thought Terrence Howard gave a helluva performance.

and there were some serious session players on the soundtrack also.

plus Isaac Hayes.

maybe it wasn't a complete loss.

• I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even the "special features" were above average.

That Buddy Guy track "baby please don't leave me" in the beginning was killer!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "2 hour long fart" - mike 2600

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I liked the main character's long weed-out rants. I also liked Anthony Anderson's smoking-hot wife.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The advertisements were so embarrassing bad I don't think I'll ever actually be able to watch this movie

But I did like some of the soundtrack

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I didn't expect anything out of the movie but came away entertained. I liked them coming up with ideas for songs and getting down. I like the end with Luda. Other parts as well.