Reynaldo's "review" pissing people off?

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Peep the comments- www.waxidermy.com DISCUSS

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Doesn't this belong in the "Announcements" forum?

• Gwydion ballsac dreadlock.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

part 2 - the revenge

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm a product of my environment.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Jimmy Changa is hillarious.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Greg can eat a bag of dicks.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I think he'd probably be full after two, but I am not doubting your claim, I've been wrong before

• Why do I feel like "greg" is a librarian in Michigan?

I've seen that spelling of "retarted" before.

Not just a tart--a retart.

I think he'd probably be full after two, but I am not doubting your claim, I've been wrong before

I've seen him chow down at the all you can eat dicks buffett. Quite a sight.

Why do I feel like "greg" is a librarian in Michigan?

I think Sleuther Vandross logged into the wrong account.

• greg is soft.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Don???t you know that there???s a certain snowboarding fashion icon located in Vermont that would easily pay twice as much for this LP?

what's next what's next, what's NXET?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Who is this Greg dude?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i gotta agree.

what is the point about a record review or article that is really a play by play about an ebay auction.

there is nothing particularly redeeming about reading that.
    i'd rather hear about music. it's about music....
    yes, hard to find.
    yes, few have heard.
    but a one sentence in passing about the music on the wax?

i also wasn't a fan of the price guide.

hate me.

i am not greg.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I wouldn't have enjoyied that review if I was into that genre of music. There are a couple lines about what the thing sounds like, but no audio clips & nothing about the recording of the album, the line up of artists, the label, etc...It's funny to read if you post here, I guess. That's more like a digital diary than an album review. Maybe that's what he was going for, though.

peace

h

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Don???t you know that there???s a certain snowboarding fashion icon located in Vermont that would easily pay twice as much for this LP?

$1500 is my breaking point.

That price guide is retarted, sure, but it's more entertaining that people take rey's synopsis seriously and are actually getting upset about it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wouldn't call "Jimmy Changa" someone who takes things "seriously."

Looks like good ole' SS clowning to me.

• Why do I feel like "greg" is a librarian in Michigan?

twas not me, and i would admit it if it was me, although i agree with greg i would not want to mess with reydildos little bit of self importance, dude got paid for a record, i just hoped he paid his moms card off with that sale

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm a Reynaldo fan, in fact, I'm the President of the SOUTHAMERICAN CHAPTER of the "REY'S WORLD FAN CLUB".

But trying to make some cash selling CD-Rs? What kind of baller would do that? What a let down...

I love the review tough. It's like "I paid $0.50 and now I have $1700 in my pocket. In your face!". That reminds why I became a fan in the first place.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

That price guide is retarted, sure, but it's more entertaining that people take rey's synopsis seriously and are actually getting upset about it.

i agree with this.

from the start, jons writing is silly. the way he forms all of his paragraphs about what hes doing with this list. however, isnt manships guide the same thing? little bit of self-importance to the game and then a whole list of records with right and wrong prices. though jon, i think you could of mentioned the different Jazz pressings there are with the amount youd pay for each. and really, though some of those prices were way off the marker... they werent completely off.

i think the shit was funny and i like the pictures of the records. other than that its a silly list that i probably wont look at again...

hey this waxidermy site is kind of nice. first time i stopped to look at it.

...oh yeah, and that 9th Creation write-up was one of the worst reads ever! please dont ever do that again... really... just dreadful.

• 9th Creation story was indeed faulty.

Using the Reynaldo rating system, I give the Reynaldo Rating/Price Guide a 0.
    Sorry, but "unnecessary" is the word that is ringing in my brain.

More FX-series Folkways reviews would be pretty sweet.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

haha exactly. so wait, people actually took this seriously?

I would just like to take a minute to thank Reynaldo for getting you all to look at the site.

SUCKERS!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

haha exactly. so wait, people actually took this seriously?
    Yeah, this is all for (my own personal) entertainment, folks. Rubbing the right people the wrong way for laughs was a major motivation for writing both the review and the guide. Please pardon my sense of humor (and selfishness?) but I've gotta be me.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    Rubbing the right people

• Nobody's getting bent out of shape or anything, but who cares really. It can't be that surprising Rey doesn't have anything interesting to say. acquire, file, repeat. kinda lame. Records as artifacts is part of the territory but dudes get sucked in. I am feeling masahiko togashi "spiritual nature". Inner city re-releases for one dollah. yup

Nobody's getting bent out of shape or anything, but who cares really. It can't be that surprising Rey doesn't have anything interesting to say. acquire, file, repeat. kinda lame. Records as artifacts is part of the territory but dudes get sucked in. I am feeling walt dickerson "peace". Inner city releases for like 8 dollars. yup

• MASAHIKO TOGASHI - SPIRITUAL NATURE bt;ash;

I miss yr old avatar Weird Al.

recognize the realness