Anyone ever heard of Atomic Butterfly?

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Thats right, Atomic Butterfly...not Rooster.Israeli Psych. Band??? I dunno, So about 4 years ago this crazy record collector friend of mine busts out this album called 'Atomic Butterfly'. and says the infamous..." your never gonna see this or find this anywhere" Ive only heard it once and dont know anything about it, barely remember what it sounded like. Ive been asking people about for years and no one has ever heard of it...?.... I added it to my ebay searches and it popped up almost a year after I put it in. It was a 45, not the LP my friend had..I missed the auction but the only other info in the listing was that it was from Israel and pressed the 70's. I just wondered if anyone has it , heard it, knows about it?? Thanks.

Comments

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    So maybe the 45 was just an Israeli Pressing? From what I remember it wasnt printed in english. That is the cover I remember my friend having though..thanks a lot.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the one pictured on popsike is a british library record. i've got it, and seen it other times. it's not that rare, nor is it from israel.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the one pictured on popsike is a british library record. i've got it, and seen it other times. it's not that rare, nor is it from israel.

oof. my bad.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    that 45 had to be something else then....i think it was rock not funk...oh I cant remember.

Whats the sound like though? Are you into it?

• It is not one that I listen to very often. I can't get into the sound. It does have a cool break which was sampled by Smut Peddlers (high n' mighty).

• Yeah, it's not something you wanna pull out time and again . It's pretty cool for what it is, but I wouldn't pay too much for it.