TOTALLY MINDBLOWING ILL AUCTION

Comments

• 134 sealed MFSL's. wtf? dude found a shop owner with dead stock of this stuff? that is absurd. watch the close on this one if you want to shit blood. talk about a $20,000 box of records.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've been meaning to "MFSL up" my Steely Dan collection.

• i actually do not even like the way MFSL sounds. i am not an audiophile in that sense of the word. what i like is a noisy as fuck deep groove copy of some puerto rican garage record that is pressed from recycled tires. i'm serious! that's what i call tactility. fuck a dead quiet record.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    $130 steely dan aja with six days left on the auction - blood has already been shat!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I am a dummy with these, but is it like a guaranteed profit if you get any[/b] mfsl title for under 10 and then ebay it?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

You can totally hear Kenny breathing into the mic on this one, sends chills down my spine everytime...

• You can totally hear Kenny breathing into the mic on this one, sends chills down my spine everytime...

At the beginning of the second track, you hear a whisker fall and hit the microphone. No joke.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    i actually do not even like the way MFSL sounds. i am not an audiophile in that sense of the word. what i like is a noisy as fuck deep groove copy of some puerto rican garage record that is pressed from recycled tires. i'm serious! that's what i call tactility. fuck a dead quiet record.

Honestly. If you want a silent LP, buy a goddamn CD.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    It's gonna be a real barn burner to see which one of these makes it through unbid on. I'm taking Pablo Cruise all the way to my yacht. BTW I wish a i had a MFSL conversion machine at home so I could turn all my Bert Kaempfert jernts into liquid gold.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    sealed mfsl is one step beyond mere mfsl in soundfidelity.

truly silent.

I bet only 1 in 50 purchasers would even consider breaking a seal.

I mean, "why would you want to ruin it like that?"

• I am a dummy with these, but is it like a guaranteed profit if you get any[/b] mfsl title for under 10 and then ebay it?
    I wouldn't say that. I've had a hard time moving shit like Heart and Joni Mitchell for more than $10, but they weren't sealed.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    werent these records like $30 when they were originally released?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

HAHA!!

I was just talking about this LP with a guy today -
    he was playing Love Chronicles in his store,
    and we started talking about Al Stewart...I was saying
    how this and Time Passages are two of my all-time
    ultimate "guilty pleasures!"

On a morning from a Bogart movie
    In a country where they turned back time
    You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre
    Contemplating a crime
    She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running
    Like a watercolour in the rain
    Don't bother asking for explanations
    She'll just tell you that she came
    In the year of the cat

• I am a dummy with these, but is it like a guaranteed profit if you get any[/b] mfsl title for under 10 and then ebay it?
    I wouldn't say that. I've had a hard time moving shit like Heart and Joni Mitchell for more than $10, but they weren't sealed.

yes they were like $25 to $30 new. you can buy most of them for $10 and profit. also natulus, mastersound, levinson, reference, rca 45 japan, direct to disc, sheffiled and all that shit.

these are not stock copies of heart and joni mitchell... these are MFSL. mobile fidelity sound labrotories. it is the high end pressings of classic rock bullshit.

• I bought a collection from a serious audiophile a few years ago. Mad MFSL. Beatles Box, Stones Box, Sinatra Box, Zeppelins, etc. Endless MFLS. Thing was the guy had 10 sealed copies of MFSL Dark Side of the Moon GOLD CD. He told me he used to have 100 copies of it but traded them all to some Japanese guy in the 80s...

He also had sealed MFSLs (the definition of rare) and crazy shit I've never seen since like Japanese red vinyl Pink Floyds. Ridiculous raers. I've never seen so many in one place.

• yea if you can find the right head who delt in the shit they usually knew what that had and saved it mint more often than not. unlike some reo speedwagon fan who was a sex addict and spermed his stock copy. anyway i digress. i offered some audiophile last month and will offer more very soon. there is some super underground shit out there. levinson is the bomb.

later,

ap

yes they were like $25 to $30 new. you can buy most of them for $10 and profit. also natulus, mastersound, levinson, reference, rca 45 japan, direct to disc, sheffiled and all that shit.

these are not stock copies of heart and joni mitchell... these are MFSL. mobile fidelity sound labrotories. it is the high end pressings of classic rock bullshit.
    OOOOHHHHH, I thought you meant Mediocre Fucking Seventies-Listening records. Cause there are some of those records which aren't always worth over 10 dollars.

Nah man, I know what you guys are talking about. I bought a bunch of audiophile stuff through the store, most of which ended up on ebay since we don't have a lot of folks coming through looking for audiophile LPs. Most went for dough, with the exception of Heart- Tugboat Annie and a Joni Mitchell LP, both of which were probably Nautilus Superdiscs rater than MFSL.

You going to be at Buena tomorrow? I still have a couple of Folkways and some private shit for you to peep if you like, I didn't catch you last time.

• dude totally going to buena. sorry i missed last month. i was drunk at 5am and that does not really mix with record shopping at 7 am ( unless you guzzo or something ).

ap

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Did anyone else notice this?

paging Alhambra.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Did anyone else notice this?

hahaha! WOW!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    = vg copy of

Don't Stop Believing