RIP Harold Hunter

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
just heard from a homie in NY that he passed in his sleep last night...fuckin sucks. I didn't know dude personally but I have a few friends that did, and I know he'll be missed.rest in peace man,

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn, that's crazy! Did he really die?

• I heard the same thing from my homie, rest in peace.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    R.I.P.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    This sucks, just after that rad skateboarding thread. RIP Old Dirty Harold. I might have to bust out my Kids DVD & watch it again. Harold Hunter was a fine skater.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Does anybody have an additional source? What'd he pass from? I can't imagine someone thinking "I'm about to go."

R.I.P. Harold Hunter[/b]

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    FUCK!

Man, he is dude! When I was growing up I'd always look out for him in the 411VM's. Then one magical day I rented Kids without knowing he was in it... and damn.

I forget which video, but wasn't he skateboarding to Cradle To The Grave (this may have been 411 #13 or something)?

RIP

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    This sucks, just after that rad skateboarding thread. RIP Old Dirty Harold. I might have to bust out my Kids DVD & watch it again. Harold Hunter was a fine skater.

The kid who played Casper in that movie, Justin Pierce, committed suicide a few years back. Eerie and tragic.

RIP

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Does anybody have an additional source? [/b]

http://www.zooyork.com/

I don't know what he passed from, just that he died in his sleep.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    dude. so much RIP art in the LES. I wish I had my camera. I found out about this from street art. how ill is that?

PEPE MARTINEZ...THEN HAROLD??? whats going on?

• 'Apparent cocaine overdose' says the Post...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

another lost. RIP.

• dude. so much RIP art in the LES. I wish I had my camera. I found out about this from street art. how ill is that?

PEPE MARTINEZ...THEN HAROLD??? whats going on?

Pepe Martinez died? Damn, I remember he had a sick video part with Lord Finesse playing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Rest In Peace.................to a true NYC star.

Money would come to my bar when I was spinnin'.

• RIP harold
    only hung out with him a few times. for such a crazy guy, he was actually a pretty cool dude.one night i let him and most of the zoo team crash at my apt since i had an extra bedroom with nothing in it and a couple of couchs. him and this guy akira stayed up all night playin dice. i remember pangstarr always yelling at harold for one thing or another. it was straight up comedy to me at the time. before they left harold gave me a pair of zoo cargo shorts that he had. i had to wash them about 5 times to get all the sand out of the pockets.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Fuck! This is terrible news. Another huge loss.

I had the pleasure of skating with Harold many years back when I was in high school. I made a trip to NY with some of my skate crew and we of course went to the Brooklyn Banks. Harold rolls in after we'd been there for a while looking all scruffy. Dude had mad pop and killed that place. Fucking hilarious dude too. He had everybody in stitches the whole day acting all crazy.

RIP Harold

• dang

Rest In Peace

Also,

R.I.P. to another skater homie and friend who just passed mysteriously.

TREVOR PRESCOTT

A great dude who will always have my respect, hate to see you go.

• FUCKING TRAGIC! What what makes even worse was that it was because of drugs.
    VERY VERY SAD.

It's too bad that even with all those people on his jock, dude still overdosed.

Lots of sketched out, art/skate/graff flake-os running around NYC these days.....(aNYthing, Supreme, Alife)......Sad events like these usually reveal the unacknowledged and repressed realities lots a people live in. Seems to contradict a whole lot of bullshit being done out there. SAD!

RIP Harold Hunter.

From earlier this week.