Ain't You Freshco?

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
[ VERSE 1: Freshco ]Yo, this is the jam with the diddiddy-dope beatThat's so deep, slow beat, rap on the low keyIt's rather mellow with a slow mo' tempoSo dope I had no choice but to snatch the pencilAnd, create a systematic, automaticallyRhythmatic rhyme in case you suckers wanna battle meBut I'm your majesty, the capital F-r-es-h-c-o, Freshco, the best, soDon't even attempt to step to theHigh exalted ruler, the schooler tootin like a tubaPlayer conveyor, the slayer, displayer maneouvresCause Miz made the beat like none can make it smootherI'm schoolin ya, chewin your crew, and your manAnd the fans wanna see me in the magazines or on TVBut after a while I gotta chill from the press, thoughCause everywhere I go I hear: "Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black) ---PMD"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)(I ain't the one) --Big Daddy KaneGo FreshcoGoGoGo FreshcoGoGoGo FreshcoGoGoGo FreshcoGoGoGo Freshco[ VERSE 2: Freshco ]Nah black, I ain't the one, I sport shadesBut it's like they got the super x-ray visionPeople start to whisper, they get hip to the[color:red]Smooth individual who rules and rips theMiddicrophone with crazy hype poemsI'm the guy in the back with the hatDenyin that I rhyme[/color]Hands in the pocket, the jewels are tucked inThe shirt; ain't nothin much to say, but somethinTells me I'm about to get approached or play closedI pull down my hat and try to dip, but nopeI get stopped, I've been clocked, I gotta figure outA way to slip through theCrowd because I knew theDisguise wouldn't last forever, although I cleverlyHid my facial identity, they're still ahead of meThey gather next to me and sweat me like sex, yoAnd all I'm hearin is: "Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)(I ain't the one)Go FreshcoGoGoGo FreshcoGoGoGo FreshcoGoGoGo FreshcoGoGoGo Freshco[ VERSE 3: Freshco ]No, but nice to meet you, my name is Shawn and I'm goneI gotta jet quick, word born[color:red]I check for the crew, then break out like the measels[/color]They wonder why I'm rollin with a crew of cock-dieselRuffneck brothers with the cellular phone kitsSurroundin me tightly, then finally it hitThat I was on the low profile tip and so onI'm smooth, so I flow on, you know I had to throw onThe hood from my jacket, damn I'm late, I'm in a jamAnd man, I need a plan cause I refuse to play Running ManThey come and stand with me, girls be tryin to kiss meSuckers try to diss me and that gets me all pissyIt ain't all about bein souped up[color:red]But it's tough playin ball takin the train or the bus[/color]People act like they never seen a rapper chillinI sign some autographs but then they start illinAskin me ridiculous things, hey yo, I don't knowPeople are startin to stare, hey yo, I'm audi, I gotta goMaybe I'll take a flick cause it'll be cool if we met, thoughFriends to the end, and no more: "Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)"Ain't U Freshco?"(Nah black)(I ain't the one)Go FreshcoGoMarquee direction=right>Go

Comments

• One of the best hip-hop records on the planet.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Both sides, pure fire.
    His first 12" was dope too...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Both sides, pure fire.
    His first 12" was dope too...

Word and word. So I guess I celebrate his entire catalog.

"We got the flavor and our motto is hard work
    We get the job done quick while you get jerked
    Brothers gotta take some type of drug so they trip
    But nah, we ain't got time, money grip
    All we wanna do is just finisht he cut now
    Maybe later on we can go and act buck-wild
    No time for jokes now cuz I always say
    When it's time to go to work WE DON'T PLAY!"