FLOSS YOUR BAHA'I RAERS

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone up on these? The Baha'i faith, from the records I've gotten (I've gotten a few, this is the one I have handy), often bring together quirky folk funk. This one is one town over from where I grew up. I just got it the other day. http://thewaxcrusade.com/baha.wavI find this track interesting because it exudes dissonance (and it's local). Anyone got any Baha'i raers to share? WopbabalubopawopbamboomT.N.

Comments

• NEW WORLD GENERATION DUDE.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    NEW WORLD GENERATION DUDE.

cosign on this!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I'm digging this. you should post the whole track
    The last I heard of Baha'i was at UT, there were some flyers for meetings or whatnot posted in my dorm and these foxy Jewish girls from the 14th floor used to go... ah the memories. Always seemed like a peaceful group of folks.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I would if I could N*than. My recording abilities on this comp suck. I need an mp3 seamless recording program. Pisses me off.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ,,it exudes dissonance..
    Wopbabalubopawopbamboom

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    how's the rest of that album? If it's like the rest of that track, I think I need that in my life.

what program are you using to record? do you need one?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm recording with sound recorder that comes with microsoft windows. It's all I got. N*than, others, any recommendations for programs that record soundfiles to mp3 and can burn to CD?
    Thanks!

PS This track is atypical to the rest of the album. Similar vibe to it, but the LP is all over the road.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I record directly into Soundforge and then transfer Wav to MP3 using this program called Wav to Mp3 encoder, you can adjust the resolution from low res to super hifi.

You should download a free version of Cool Edit (it's still free right?) and then use that 'wav to mp3' program. I could upload it for you if I can find it on my system. I think I found it on www.download.com and entered 'wav to mp3'

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts