BREAK IN THE ROAD NOW ON SALE!

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
HOLY MOLY I'M JUICED!Pick it up at www.breakintheroad.orgORstores.ebay.com/breakintheroad

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I'm sayin' though!!!! Thank you for being the driving force behind this project.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    YEAH!

And...

Gnat, you == the man now, dawg.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• You've been paid. Looking forward to it!

• I'm sayin' though!!!! Thank you for being the driving force behind this project.

Congrats, looks good!

• girgir 329 Posts

• can't wait to hear it

• I'm proud of everybody who helped make this a reality. Gnat, thanks for persisting so diligently to get this thang off the ground! Looks fucking great.

• Send Gnat money or you're soft.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this is an amazing effort. so noble. great job to gnat and everyone involved.

i don't know if this reminder is necessary, but: folks, remember to send out a mass email, spread the word, talk about it on your radio shows, blogs, and manifestos - let's make breakintheroad go platinum!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

WOW, awesome!!! congrats, looking really GOOD, i need some of these, check your PMs...

• btw Upski...your 'Theme...' track is friggin dope. Love it..

The compilation is fantastic. Loving it...

I love that it represents the part of Soul Strut I like most. The crate digging & Hip Hop culture aspect, combined with the generosity of the dudes on here I actually like. Ha ha.

Well done Gnat.
    Naturally the Katrina event was an alien & unrelatable event for me, but I can empathise & be reminded of the suffering that must've occured every time I hear a track from the comp.

Best tracks so far for me are Baptman's awesomely soulful classy number 'Couch' track (remix of ?), Upski's uptempo 'No Turning Back' & Thes One's midtempo boogie joint 'Straight outta...' Probably chose these because they would be the ones I would actually play out most for they have a more open sound suited for high volume.

The others are equally dope. Like Asprins' 'Loop Rehearsal'. Great stuff. Good to hear some cuts by RecordBinLaden..

Is that DJ Day, for it comes up as 'The Day' on iTunes?

Any possibilities of a limited vinyl run. Or an EP?

If every SS member bought a copy then it would be a great day.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Any possibilities of a limited vinyl run. Or an EP?

Why not?

I'm feeling victorious right now. Felt so good having that box be full of the CDs WE all worked for sitting for me when I got home from work. I'm slanging these in the staffroom of the school where I work. No shame in my game. I've managed to sell 8 so far...though people keep on saying, "I've never heard of these guys!" LOL!!!

I'm tired as hell, but I am gonna work relentlessly to get the first run sold off and then go from there. I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks!
    ~gNAT

PS For those of you that contributed to the album, I intend on sending you a complimentary copy. If you have already ordered some, I will +1 the order. PM me for further questions/details.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm proud of everybody who helped make this a reality. Gnat, thanks for persisting so diligently to get this thang off the ground! Looks fucking great.

Absolutely

Gnat, you out did youself, man. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

i'm passing the link to a buncha friends and the question has arisen:
    is this tax deductible?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Nat, did you get my PM? my E-mail?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    is this tax deductible?
    As I am not an "official" business or non-profit, the answer is no, I do not think that I can make the donation tax deductible. I might look into such matters for future projects, but for the time being it's a real grass roots kinda thing. That may raise questions of trust: what am I gonna do with the money? Well, I'll post a pic of the check and you'll see I'm legit. All proceeds will go to Habitat for Humanity. Word is bond.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Order! Order! Order!!!

~ Myspace blasts and email blasts are on their way ~

Nat, this project has really grown on me homie. At first it didn't grab me, but the more I listen to this the more I dig it. Good work in putting this together...

Honorable mentions include:
    - Asprin "Loop Rehersal" - damn homie, we need to work on some stuff together.
    - Gloom "Abadoned" - you live up to the name gloom with your track being a little dark yet soulful, proper.
    - Upskiboo "No Turning Back" =
    - 2ply "What Went Wrong" - Fonky and all the way thru...

• girgir 329 Posts

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I personally don't see the need to write off a $13 purchase. I have full trust in this project and the way the dontaions are gonna be handled. Let's motivate.

is this tax deductible?
    As I am not an "official" business or non-profit, the answer is no, I do not think that I can make the donation tax deductible. I might look into such matters for future projects, but for the time being it's a real grass roots kinda thing. That may raise questions of trust: what am I gonna do with the money? Well, I'll post a pic of the check and you'll see I'm legit. All proceeds will go to Habitat for Humanity. Word is bond.

cool, i don't think this will prevent anyone from buying it, one of my friends was just curious. thanks

• Send Gnat money or you don't care about Black people.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Send Gnat money or you don't care about Black people.
    Let 'em know, R*ss.

gNAT, when are the cd's shipping out?

yes! i knew you'd come back captain avatar!

don't confuse breakintheroad.org with www.breakintheroad.com -
    i made this mistake and ended up making a beat with street noises and an accordian. actually, it was kind of cool

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    yes! i knew you'd come back captain avatar!

I did it for the fam.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    gNAT, when are the cd's shipping out?

TOMORROW.