Any raer surf/garage enthusiasts know this?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
dug this up at a thrift shop this weekend. It's not very good, but the cover is like hand silk-screened. Kinda scraems "RAER!", but I can't find any info on the net about it.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I know most of the Garage/Surf genre from the U.S. but never seen nor heard of this one!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I know most of the Garage/Surf genre from the U.S. but never seen nor heard of this one!!!!

It's on Aurora, and there is a vague mention in the liner notes to them being from "the West Coast". It's SUPER lo-fi - like one mic in a room, and it's pressed super quietly.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• I know a band on the Comma label called Lenny & the Thundertones, but I don't know if these are the same cats.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    dug this up at a thrift shop this weekend.

It's not very good, but the cover is like hand silk-screened. Kinda scraems "RAER!", but I can't find any info on the net about it.

Is it "average surf shit/Twist music"-not very good, or is it "they could barely play their instruments so people who like music made by kids and mental patients will like it and make it hugely valuable"-not very good?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

It's not very good, but the cover is like hand silk-screened. Kinda scraems "RAER!", but I can't find any info on the net about it.

Is it "average surf shit/Twist music"-not very good, or is it "they could barely play their instruments so people who like music made by kids and mental patients will like it and make it hugely valuable"-not very good?

haha! were it the latter, I'd be so completely down it's not even funny. It's borderline average, but not horribly so. Some decent moody tremolo stuff. I really need to give it another listen though.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Put it on ebay like this-

Thundertones Cloudburst funky black man soul lp